Do you recognize amazing talent from afar and have a keen ear for potential hit songs? Do you feel right at home in the dance music world and are you always working hard to maintain and expand your network? Do you know what makes or breaks a record? Then you’re the one we’re looking for!
Our new Junior A&R Manager will be part of Armada Music’s NYC team and will report to the CEO of Armada Music USA. He or she has an expansive network within the (dance) music industry and knows how to use it. He or she will focus on inviting new and established artists to our NY office ensuring professional relationship management, and additionally be involved with Armada (office) Invites and events.
What will you be doing?
- You will scout and sign talented artists making waves on a global scale;
- You will maintain existing relationships with artists and nurture/develop your own acts;
- You will actively search for artists, writers, producers, toplines, remixers and other specialized talent able to contribute or add to the quality of our releases and our repertoire;
- You will match the right people by making perfect use of your connections within the music industry;
- You will visit performances, showcases, club nights and similar events to discover new talent and maintain existing relationships;
- You will chase information and details to pass on to our Legal department;
- You will create and oversee release plans made in tandem with the assigned Product Manager (and the PR, Creative and Digital teams);
- You will use your knowledge of dance music to help releases realize their potential;
- You will assist the Product team in developing marketing assets, strategies, marketing plans and campaigns.
Who are we looking for?
- You are extremely passionate about dance music;
- You have at least three to five years of qualifying work experience in a similar role;
- You know all there is to know about dance music and Armada Music, and you are extremely knowledgeable about the discographies of relevant artists and catalogs from many other labels worldwide
- You know all about the main music distribution partners (from physical distribution to digital distribution and streaming);
- You know how record labels operate, especially in terms of product marketing, business occasions, A&R administration and more;
- You’re able to cope with pressure and changing deadlines extremely well; you’re able to keep your head straight while working on multiple projects at the same time;
- You’re the boss when it comes to negotiating deals;
- You love working in tandem with all of the company’s different departments to get results fast;
- You have a broad musical taste and are well-known with dance music’s many different sub genres;
- You are resourceful, creative and you live and breathe dance music;
- You are a team player;
- You currently live in or near New York City;
What will we offer you in return?
At Armada Music, you’ll be pursuing your passion on an international scale. Calling an inspiring and musical environment home, you’ll bump fists with a young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers, both during office hours and at Friday afternoon drinks. O, and we’ll pay you a monthly salary befitting your age and experience and offer a Health Care coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions. There’s that too, of course. And one more thing, please keep in mind that this position is at our office in New York. Therefore, we prefer applicants who live in or around this beautiful city with a reasonable travel distance to our office.
Is this vacancy keeping you up at night? Check our website and please apply by using the link (https://jobs.armadamusic.com/junior-a-r-manager/en) and send in your resume and cover letter. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC:
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Brando, Cat Dealers, Eelke Kleijn, Ferry Corsten, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Tensnake and more.