The people here at Apple don’t just create products, they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
We’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
Apple is seeking someone knowledgeable about music publishing rights to lead a process of researching composition ownership and attribution associated with sync licensing. This position is in the Global Music Publishing group and is based in Los Angeles.
- A demonstrated ability working in licensing or contract administration roles within the music industry, ideally within music publishers, collecting societies and/or digital music services;
- Familiarity with the music publishing landscape, including expertise in the rights held by songwriters and music publishers, the relationship between them, and how these rights sit in the production environment;
- An unwavering attention to detail, paired with excellent partnership management and interpersonal skills;
- Tenacious about accurate data, with concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of acquiring alignment across a broad range of partners;
- The ability to work well in a challenging environment, with proven experience working on multi-faceted, international, large-scale, time-critical projects;
- An independent self-starter who can co-ordinate a team working across a high volume of projects under tight timeframes;
- Highly creative and critical thinking abilities and passion for music and the craft of songwriting.
- You will be responsible for co-ordinating a dynamic team tasked with ensuring that Apple has accurate information to ensure sync licenses are in place.
- Your remit will include managing processes and systems to enable your team to quickly respond to queries and scale to meet demand.
- You’ll have to handle internal and external partners, and analyze, review, prioritize and resolve requests from various sources.
- We’ll expect you to be meticulous in researching and recording of ownership information, and frequently audit the accuracy of your data.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related subject.