The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and you will help us leave the world better than we found it.
Apple’s Music Publishing Operations is responsible for reporting and paying royalties to rights holders. We define the internal product roadmap to keep pace with the rapid changes happening in the digital space. We are looking for a team member to help lead our product requirements and manage our projects. Are you passionate about music rights? Could this be you?
We’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing exceptional support for the team.
We focus on getting the big ideas right, but our love is in the details. We have a keen eye for finding the right path forward despite haziness or uncertainty. We love to learn and tackle complex problems, and we’re always asking why and why not in the pursuit of excellence. Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
This role can be based within either our Santa Clara Valley location, or within our Culver City location.
- With a thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of music copyright and licensing, you’ll communicate engagingly on these complex topics.
- Comfortable with music rights terminology and knowledgable about royalty/data flows, including the role of international collection societies.
- Ability to develop and exercise cross-functional influence with strong personal skills to translate requirements between teams.
- Able to work with data using our homegrown tools and Excel, including harnessing pivot tables and more advanced features.
- SQL or Tableau experience a plus.
- Able to create and deliver strong, clear communications to all stakeholders.
- Skilled at project management, able to build alliances and consensus to help drive adoption.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You’ve got an ability to see the big picture and be comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
- Experience with SAP or other financial systems to validate payments and balances
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business and technical teams.
- Some domestic and international travel, likely somewhere between quarterly and annually i.e. <20%.
- Developing meaningful connections across teams at Apple, you will be an approachable, trusted subject matter authority.
- Defining new, and analyzing existing, business processes – you will map workflows, crafting innovative process improvements through BRD’s and user stories. – Specifying and managing our outbound reporting to licensors.
- Creating business requirements documentation, ensuring that data flowing into our systems can fully support our licensor reporting requirements.
- Advocating for music publishing’s requirements and identifying music publishing-specific issues within wider projects.
- Working in collaborative partnership with teams such as Legal, Commercial, Finance and IT.
- Driving the product roadmap, you will define solutions that can work either regionally or globally.
- Working closely with our product teams to ensure that we can support new product offerings and improvements.
- Define test cases and perform user acceptance testing (UAT) We are a diverse team coming from a wide variety of backgrounds, including a professional jazz musician, IT consultant, and an accountant. What unique skills can you bring to the team?