We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Are you someone who’s looking to be a part of a team that wants to change the world? Do you possess a passion to think differently and challenge conventional approaches to problem solving?
At Apple, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers improve their quality of life. The Internet Software & Services (IS&S) team at Apple provides our global customers access to an incredible collection of amazing content and features across music, podcasts, movies, apps, books, news, and much more.
We are seeking an experienced data-driven and innovative Product Manager with a passion for audio products such as Apple Music and Apple Podcast to join the IS&S Product growth team. We are looking for someone who deeply understands growth product features and can work in quick and rapid iterative cycles, has the creativity and humility to formulate new ideas and approaches, is oriented strongly towards experimentation, and above all, uses data and structured thinking to inform their approach.
The successful candidate requires excellent user experience, messaging, technical, and interpersonal skills along with solid business acumen. This is a critical business growth avenue to customers, providing a seamless experience with their devices.
This role requires one to work closely with global and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Design, Operations, Business, Marketing, and Legal. This role involves user experience definition based on strategic feature asks, requirements gathering, and feature performance evaluation, as well as partnering with the business team in strategic planning and vision definition.
- 8-10+ years of experience in consumer product development, preferably in the mobile space
- Music and/or podcast experience is preferred
- Strong developer product instincts; you intuitively understand why product ideas will be effective and gain adoption
- Deep understanding of data-driven business opportunities is required
- User-interface design or software engineering experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of iOS; Android a plus
- Very strong oral and written communication skills, including marketing/messaging experience
- Very strong presentation skills
- Occasional international travel required
- Lead a cross-functional team of data scientists, designers, engineers, program managers, and marketers to prioritize growth and product enhancements based on impact.
- Define, build and enhance key growth product features for Media products such as Apple Music, Podcasts and other services.
- Deep curiosity to identify key opportunities and ability to develop experiment driven proposals.
- Own and deliver on key measurable metrics each quarter
- Work closely with internal teams to better understand their use cases and build a product vision and strategy to meet their needs
- Demonstrate strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills
- Be a great teammate with a proven ability to work cross functionally
- You crave responsibility, but are willing to step back and support your team to achieve success; you lead by example
- You have an ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- You are passionate about continuous improvement of products, processes, and teams