We are looking for a Program Manager that will be responsible for the delivery of marketing activities across the Apple Music and Podcasts lines of business.
Apple Music, the world’s fastest-growing subscription music streaming service, offers subscribers an incredible catalog of more than 50 million songs, combined with their entire iTunes library, which they can stream or download for offline listening all completely ad-free. Supported by Project Managers (PMs) and coordinators, the Program Manager provides extraordinary leadership across multiple project streams, and supports the channel teams and brand marketing in effectively planning and executing their marketing activities.
- Minimum 10-12 years confirmed experience in marketing & communications. Experience in music industry desirable.
- You have deep experience with program management, leading a successful team of Project Managers and Coordinators across multiple clients/categories in a fast paced and complex global organization.
- Validated experience building rapport, credibility, and influence with senior executives.
- Management capabilities — able to mentor and guide a high-performance project management team.
- Experience in the development and deployment of new tools/process which improve the operational efficiency of an organization.
- Mastery of Mac OS including keynote and project software (Numbers, Pages, Excel, MS Project/OMNI Plan).
- Deeply curious about how global business works and passionate about using that knowledge to motivate teams to do phenomenal work.
- A marketing services professional who flourishes with keeping up with pop culture, and is excited about how technology crafts our future.
- Passionate about the role music, podcasts and other digital services play in people’s lives.
- An individual that prides themselves on building positive, supportive and productive relationships with co-workers across all functions and levels.
- Someone that flourishes with partnership and collaboration and strives to support others show up at their best.
- A results driven, high reaching person, who operates with high level of integrity and determination.
- Adept in process design with a belief in the ability of process to inspire change from the ground up.
- Someone that has an instinctual ability to anticipate what’s next and is confident in solving complex problems and defining the steps required to drive significant change.
- A clear and concise communicator with extraordinary meeting facilitation skills, excellent writing skills, and visual story-telling skills.
- Open to frequent travel (US and International) as the work requires.
- In this role, you bring expertise in music services marketing, a knowledge of digital and above-the-line marketing channels, and subscription marketing.
- You will build a deep understanding of the strategic priorities for the Apple Music and Podcasts business and utilize it as you facilitate the creative process from start to finish, drive and enthusiastically ensure that the right information is flowing across partners.
- You thrive on building productive relationships at all levels and enjoy using your deep emotional intelligence to determine the right way to engage multiple stakeholders in a fast moving, highly matrix organization.
Cultivate a strong partnership with Apple Music and Podcasts cross-functional marketing and channel partners to support all marketing efforts, and to drive planning that identifies the pipeline of creative campaigns/projects. Develop trusted working relationships with creative and functional production leads to ensure clear communication and process management throughout the creative development lifecycle.
Maintain a complete view of the Apple Music and Podcasts internal/external creative partner landscape (Creative Services, Marcom, and Agencies) to inform decisions for routing of work, and to navigate the direction of alignment and prioritization with executive leadership.
Enthusiastically align the marketing team through the Apple organization including Product, Content, Localization, BA, Legal, Marcom, and Retail. Support budget management across the group of businesses ensuring transparency, accuracy, and openness across marketing leadership.
Be the central point of contact for program management issues related to projects across the assigned lines of business—troubleshooting, unlocking, and defining a way forward as needed.
Direct a team of PMs and Coordinators, continually developing and sharing standard methodologies to chart the team’s continued development and growth.
Assign Project Managers to campaigns/projects, identify gaps where Program Management is needed, and make the case for new hires as required.
Be the subject matter authority for process improvements (new tools, templates workflows) that increase the quality and go-to-market speed of delivery. Design, communicate, and implement updates as needed.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent required