The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries.
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
If you have the qualifications, we’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
We’re looking for a Project Manager with Music Industry experience. We call this position a Platform Producer to work collaboratively to formulate and launch QA plans (and associated timing) for high-profile content and campaigns across iTunes Store, Apple Music, App Store, AppleTV, and Books.
The Global Platform Publishing team implements and deploys on-service/in-store offerings across products (iTunes Store, Apple Music, App Store, TV App, Books Store) and platforms (Desktop, Apple TV, iOS).
- You have been part of a high-profile content (music/tv/app, etc.) campaign implementation.
- Project management experience
- You have min 3 years experience with web-based Content Management Systems
- You have min 3 years experience with bug tracking/ticketing systems
- You exhibit a strong attention to detail, and enjoy developing operational efficiencies
- You’re able to work collaboratively to seek out creative solutions to sticky technical problems—and able to communicate those solutions with focus and clarity
- You’re proactive about discovering and implementing efficiencies in our tools and how they influence our merchandising—and comfortable evangelizing for refinements to continually improve our tool set
- You have min 3 years experience working **directly with Engineering teams** as well as Creative teams
- You’re a top-notch communicator in both verbal and written forums, and easily able to connect with partners across all functions and levels of the company
- You’re deeply familiar with QA systems and standards, and comfortable authoring and executing on detailed launch plans
- You are comfortable setting and enforcing deadlines, and managing workflows
- You should exhibit confidence in calling out issues and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules
- You have a deep experience with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
- A knowledge of HTML/CSS/Perl/PHP/Python is a plus
- You are well versed in pop culture, media, and are passionate about entertainment.
You will work closely with Engineering, Editorial, Creative, and Production teams to formulate and implement promotional featuring plans across desktop, AppleTV, and mobile devices.
You will need to collaborate with editorial contacts, as well as cross-functional producers to advise on what’s possible, test new approaches, and guide teams to successful solutions.
With a unique view into many concurrent projects, an effective Platform Producer is able to provide a service comparable to an air traffic controller, scheduling current updates while simultaneously queuing up future initiatives. Platform Producers work with engineering project managers and key stakeholders in a similar capacity, formulating and implementing publishing plans centered around future product releases.
With a unique vision into the capabilities and limitations of our featuring apparatus, a Platform Producer fills a key role in safeguarding the integrity of the Apple Media Products ecosystem. Regular travel (a few times a quarter) to Cupertino required; international travel on an as-needed basis (1-2 times a year).