Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom) designs and delivers iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps, and retail stores.
We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We work on high-impact projects that serve various lines of business, use the latest technologies, and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale.
Reporting to the Music Creative Director, the Music Supervisor will understand and love everything music. This person should have amazing organizational skills and can find their way around an intricate music library. Their insight and knowledge of the music world will help define creative concepts, emphasize storylines, emotion, and cultural relevance through their musical selections. This person must be able to seek out quality music that reflects the brand. They contribute to the creative process by collaborating with creatives, producers and composers to come up with iconic, creative music ideas and sound design!
Someone who is able to expose us to a variety of music would be ideal. This person will liaise with taste-makers, DJs, and bands while searching all over the world for new and innovative music.
- Responsible for proposing music options for films, interactive and events.
- Expand and maintain the diversity of music presented to the creative team and executives.
- Evolve and define music for the brand by interfacing with the music industry directly.
- Create a global network of composers, music supervisors, sound designers and tastemakers that Apple and our partners can utilize as needed.
- Cultivate global music industry relationships including artists, managers, label executives and producers across a range of musical genres.
- Liaison between creative teams and musicians/composers.
- Stay on top of new music trends, locally and internationally.
- Maintain an up-to-date, searchable music library database.
- 2-5 years of experience in music supervision or A&R
- Resourceful in delivering quality music; able to communicate ideas and concepts through music.
- Experienced in film/TV/music production & production company experience – a plus.
- Able to work on several projects at once and maintain a calm, productive demeanor.
- Diplomatic and resourceful; able to manage complex relationships and professional connections.
- Deep understanding of Apple brand and history.
Education & Experience