The people here at Apple don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries.
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are growing and urge you to apply.
We believe the role would place you in a highly-energised environment with some of the most talented individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
We are seeking an expert in licensing rights in musical compositions to lead commercial relationships relating to such rights. This is a key role to support the rapid expansion and growth of Apple Music, iTunes and all use of musical compositions across the Apple ecosystem.
- You have exceptional understanding of the global music publishing licensing landscape.
- You have an intimate understanding of the digital music and content distribution industry.
- You have superior business development, negotiation and partnership management skills.
- You have a proven track record working in international, cross-functional teams and a fast-growing environment.
- You have excellent presentation, written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- You have a willingness to travel.
- Build relationships and lead business negotiations with music publishers and collecting societies in international territories (outside the US).
- Analyse, interpret and understand data showing the impact of various features and programmes on collecting societies, music publishers and songwriters.
- Conduct regular business reviews with applicable music publishers and collecting societies to track performance and find opportunities for growth.
- Work in close partnership with Legal and Operations to negotiate complex licenses with publishing rights holders to support the expansion of new markets, product features, pricing and commercial programmes designed to accelerate the growth of Apple Music.
- Scope business and financial models for new partnerships, programmes and other business initiatives in collaboration with the Business Development team.
- Work collaboratively with all aspects of the Music Publishing team to find ways to better serve the music publisher and songwriter community, with a view to beneficial outcomes of that closer and more positive relationship, thereby helping to ensure that music services meet the needs and expectations of customers.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related subject, MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
You have experience working in commercial and/or licensing roles within the music industry, ideally within music publishers or music services.
- This position is part of the new Global Music Publishing group and is based in London, UK.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
- We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.