The Apple Media Products (AMP) organization is an exciting environment with many opportunities for learning and development.
With customers in 155 countries, we are a thriving marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, apps and books. We’re looking for an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to drive initiatives related to Apple Music & partnerships with new clients.
EPM’s at AMP are responsible for shipping new features. We’re looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines, with bonus points for new product introductions.
This is a hands-on position where the EPM will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, engineering implementation, QA testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for high-level successful outcomes and delivery. Ultimately, you are responsible for shipping the code which millions of customers will use.
AMP EPM’s take responsibility, feeling a personal stake in the product they ship. They must communicate responsibilities and scope clearly, manage conflict, and thrive in uncertainty while striving to find solutions. They must build strong relationships across the entire organization, especially with Senior Directors & VP’s, as they’re frequently responsible for executive presentations. Autonomy is critical; EPM’s only receive consultative direction from leadership and must “figure it out” themselves. Multi-tasking and concise documentation are skills you’ll use every day.
- 5+ years of technical program management in software development.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, self-responsible, self-sufficient, and accountable.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Business-savvy; MBA a plus.
- Passion for working on Music related products.
- Drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects related to Apple Music & other partner projects.
- Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself).
- Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the AMP team.
- Own cross-functional schedules, including AMP development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, Apple business teams), and backend reporting systems.
- Collaborate with IS&T, Legal, Finance, Design, Ops, and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions for partnerships, promotions and new business.
- Experience with transactional systems, pricing and international currencies is a plus but not required.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS with equivalent experience. Masters/MBA pr