The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
We’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
Apple is in search of a talented, ambitious and progressive marketing team leader with a minimum of 12 years of marketing experience to join the Apple Music marketing team in Culver City. This person will lead a small team of marketing program managers responsible for developing robust marketing campaigns and scaleable programs designed to reach specific consumer/audience segments. This position works hand in hand across the organization, as well as with music content providers and third-party partners to reach consumers/music fans across genres including Country, Pop, Latin, Dance, Hip Hop and more. As the lead for this team, The Apple Music marketing team is responsible for driving trials and subscriptions, as well as developing creative campaigns that resonate with consumers, and this role will have an integral role in achieving those objectives as part of the broader Music Marketing team.
- 12+ years of relevant content and consumer marketing experience, with 5+ years working on digital marketing campaigns.
- 8+ years of relevant music marketing experience.
- 5+ years experience leading highly functioning teams.
- Deep understanding of the entertainment and music industry businesses preferred.
- Experience managing marketing budgets, and highly skilled in leading consumer-first marketing campaigns from start to finish.
- Excellent relationship management abilities/strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment.
- Proven track record of developing marketing programs that scale.
- Consistent track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, and strong sense of professionalism.
- Ability to influence others; handle conflict appropriately, know when to delegate issues to the team, and when to apply common sense.
- Direct experience handling sensitive and confidential information with integrity, discretion, and upmost secrecy.
- Ability to prioritize, learn quickly, and be flexible.
- Acute understanding of all music audience segments.
- You work well under pressure, are results-oriented, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
Lead and inspire a team in the development and execution of innovative and impactful consumer and content marketing campaigns that drive acquisition and engagement.
Build scaleable content marketing programs for potential and existing Apple Music audiences across priority consumer segments that support our objectives to drive trials and increase engagement within the platform.
Partner and collaborate closely with the music content marketing strategist to ensure that our programs integrate the right content across the right channels, depending on the audience targets.
Integrate data and analytics into the culture of the audience marketing team, and ensure KPIs are consistently set and measured and to ensure data is integrated into the decision-making process.
Drive accountability for leading marketing spend and project budgets.
Develop strong relationships with the business and editorial teams, ensuring that our marketing efforts connect back to business objectives and our on-platform editorial strategy.
Communicate with international markets to ensure our marketing campaigns and creative are relevant around the world, and customized for each market.
Relationship management and tactical business development responsibilities for industry partners including indie and major labels, aggregators, artist management companies, concert tour and promotional outlets, lifestyle partners, as well as other online and offline marketing entities. Lead these relationships from an executive level (i.e. Label executives, managers, etc.)
Write creative briefs and maintain the relationship with agencies both internal and external.
Lead delivery timelines and internal and external creative asset approvals
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, with strong marketing and analytical background.