The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
We’re growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
Apple Music is seeking a candidate with a strong aptitude for analytics to join the Music Insights and Research Team. In this role, you will work closely with our internal teams to understand and quantify business needs, perform analysis, shape the narrative, and communicate complex findings in a clear, concise, and credible manner. This includes identifying emerging trends as well as building forecasts. In this role, you will also develop and write insights-driven stories for internal and external audiences. As part of a centralized team that collaborates with editorial, label relations, marketing, and data teams, you’ll act as a domain expert for how data can inform and drive Apple Music editorial and business strategy across the Apple Music and iTunes business landscape.
- 3 – 5 years of experience working with large datasets. Experience with music industry data sources such as MRC Music Connect, IFPI, and RIAA is preferred.
- You have strong analytical and modeling skills and a deep understanding of statistical and forecasting principles. Advanced Excel skills are essential and experience with SQL, R, Python or related tools is a plus.
- You love to create data visualizations, and have experience using Keynote and tools like Tableau and Looker.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey complex findings concisely and bridge communications across business owners and technical teams.
- Experience writing short but impactful data-driven stories. You can summarize findings clearly and succinctly in your writing for a wide range of audiences.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are comfortable developing relationships and working cross-functionally across diverse teams.
- You are a critical thinker with a curious mind and have the ability to focus on the details, with an eye on the broader landscape.
- You are a self-starter and results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed in a collaborative environment.
- Experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects. You work well under pressure, and enjoy a challenge.
Music Insights and Research includes Content Insights, Industry Insights, and Data Partnerships. Content Insights analyzes content trends and listener engagement on Apple Music. We collaborate with Data Science & Analytics teams on analysis that informs content strategies. Industry Insights puts macro-economic music trends into context for internal and external audiences. We combine analysis with storytelling to reveal the bigger picture. Lastly, Data Partnerships manages data relationships with Apple Music’s industry partners. We set the business roadmap for Apple Music’s industry-leading analytics tools. Together, these three groups help inform the larger strategy for growing Apple Music.
Help shape how music is experienced and discovered by joining the Apple Music team. This is a full-time position in Apple Music and is located in Culver City, CA.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related subject. 7 to 10 years related work experience.