The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
We’re growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
As a member of the Music Business Partnerships team, you will lead key designated music partnerships for Apple Music, focused on business relationships and content strategy. You’re a highly motivated individual responsible for all facets of the partnership, maximizing revenue and share-of-voice opportunities, with focus on user engagement via top tier content release strategies. You’re a strong advocate for all Apple Music teams, with a major emphasis on delivering on editorial and business priorities. You’ll work intimately with genre Editorial Programming, Artist Relations, Marketing, creative talent and more to deliver optimized plans on priority projects. This role works cross-functionally to facilitate partner, business and operational needs with the goal of identifying and inherently driving growth opportunity, while positioning Apple Music as the best-in-class strategic partner and service.
The Music Business Partnerships team is the strategic business owner that leads our label partner and content provider relationships.
This partnerships team works cross-functionally across the entire Apple organization to action business, editorial, operational priorities, with the ultimate goal of identifying and driving mutual growth opportunities. Our team is always-on, working with partners to educate, develop best practices, provide guidance, while leading across the vast Apple eco-system.
- Five+ years of experience at subscription service, media agency, music industry (rights holder, manager, live) or commercial digital music/media platform.
- You are well versed in pop culture, music and are passionate about entertainment.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with CMS platforms, metadata, end-to-end digital supply chain, content admin.
- Comprehensive experience in the music industry or digital content realm, with an emphasis on digital content strategy.
- A deep understanding of music marketing in pop culture and how to apply principles to consistently grow Apple Music’s share of voice with partners.
- Strategic understanding of key trends impacting the music industry, emerging technologies and business models relevant to digital music; plus an understanding of their different stages of development
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Substantial relationship building skills
- Uncompromising ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Exceedingly responsive, passionately proactive, thoughtful problem solver with exceptional attention to detail.
- A passion for discovering new music and culturally relevant content events across the genre spectrum.
- A critical thinker with a strategic approach to commerce and marketing
- Innovative thinker; continuously seeks to enhance and redefine the approach needed to grow the business, while delivering results on all priority projects
- Collaborative partner; ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment
- You should be able to handle multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment.
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
Partner management focused on designated major music content providers Liaising with all elements of Apple Music to identify, develop and execute on key content opportunities. This includes Apple Music/iTunes, Beats 1, Marketing, Original Content, Retail, TV+ and more. Developing a strategic approach to each release plan with label partners, incorporating all elements of the Apple Music platform and Apple eco-system. Identifying long-term content priorities in parallel with Apple Music Editorial team, creating unique events on an ongoing basis. Managing partner projections and marketing drivers for key releases on a week-to-week basis Devising strategic partnerships with Apple Music marketing team, creating plans to drive engagement and increase subscription funnel. Day-to-day procuring and tracking of assets for promotions, liaising on technical inquiries and light-touch content delivery management. Maintaining a cross-functional focus across the platform that works closely with Apple Music + iTunes, marketing, production, legal, design, editorial and finance teams Travel required; up to 25%
Education & Experience
Degree in Liberal Arts, Music Business, Media Studies or related field preferred