We started with 1000 songs in your pocket. Now it’s over 70 million. Music is part of Apple’s soul. Whether it’s classic jams or hot new tracks, shredding songs to bang your head to or tunes to move your hips to, music inspires us and drives us to do our best work every single day.
Apple Music’s Music Business Partnerships team focuses on strategic business planning, partner relations, project delivery and content strategy.
The team’s goal is to be the industry’s best-in-class partner while driving engagement and growth opportunities for Apple Music.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an extraordinarily talented individual with a background in the music industry. Are you a self-directed, highly adaptable and results-oriented professional that lives and breathes music and technology? Then we want to hear from you!
- Significant experience in a professional music industry role (subscription service, label, publisher, manager, live), media/marketing agency or commercial digital music/media platform.
- Experience in strategic business planning to drive subscription engagement and growth.
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with data reporting platforms.
- Comprehensive experience in the music industry or digital realm, with an emphasis on audience and artist led digital content strategy.
- Outstanding project management skills, with an ability to navigate ambiguity and hurdles to deliver best-in-class results.
- A deep understanding of music marketing in pop culture and how to apply principles to consistently grow Apple Music’s share of voice with partners.
- Strategic understanding of key trends impacting the music industry and emerging technologies and business models relevant to digital music.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Substantial relationship building skills with an ability to engage with a variety of personalities, industry execs, artists and managers.
- Uncompromising ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Exceedingly responsive, passionate, proactive, thoughtful problem solver with exceptional attention to detail.
- Innovative thinker: continuously seeks to enhance and redefine the approach needed to grow the business, while delivering results on all priority projects.
- Collaborative partner: ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment.
- Thrives in a very dynamic environment and able to handle multiple high level projects which are broad in scope.
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to build great decks and present to groups.
- You have a good understanding of the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (iOS, macOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, Podcasts, Apple TV, etc.)
In this role, you will:
- Focus on business planning strategy and partner management with designated major label & independent content providers.
- Develop a strategic approach to growing our business with our partners.
- Work cross-functionally and liaise with all elements of Apple Music to identify, develop and execute on key artist and content opportunities. This includes editorial, radio, marketing, PR, production, legal, design, brand experience (original content & events) and international.
- Identify long-term audience and content priorities in parallel with the Apple Music Editorial team, creating unique moments and plans.
- Develop and create new initiatives which ensure Apple Music continues to innovate.
- Devise strategic partnerships with the Apple Music marketing team, creating plans to drive engagement and increase the subscription funnel.
- Manage and develop partner marketing campaigns.
- Provide wider support for the business, leading on key internal music projects.
- Secure cross-platform opportunities within the wider Apple ecosystem
- Apps, Podcasts, Apple TV+, Retail and more.
- This position is based in London, UK.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional languages are a plus.