Apple is seeking a dynamic international senior business development manager to develop and manage partnerships with 3rd parties, such as telecom operators, to distribute and market Apple Music. Apple Music is a single, intuitive app that combines the best ways to enjoy music — all in one place. You can stream any Apple Music song, playlist or album, and download it for future offline listening.
Beats 1 is Apple’s first ever live radio station dedicated entirely to music and music culture. With Apple Music Connect, artists can share lyrics, backstage photos, videos or even release their latest song to fans directly from their iPhone. Apple has a long and valued relationship with the world’s leading mobile network operators and sees great mutual benefit in offering Apple Music as a value-added service to both their post-paid and pre-paid customers. Other partnership opportunities should also be explored.
- Extensive and relevant industry work experience in managing or selling value- added services to mobile carriers
- Direct experience within the music industry as a label, publisher or platform is a bonus
- Impeccable understanding of the VAS and OTT landscape
- Have a strong business network at Senior Executive level within leading carrier groups
- Demonstrate a proven track record of successful negotiation with both 3rd parties and cross-functionally within a large business structure
- Lead research projects to identify the priority partnership opportunities for Apple Music outside of the US Help to build business models and programmes that help partners to achieve their business goals of growing acquisition, reducing churn or driving engagement
- Lead negotiations with mobile carriers to ensure that Apple Music is made available to large volumes of customers within their mobile tariffs and marketed in the high-visibility and exceptional-quality manner than Apple demands
- Work with business management teams to negotiate terms with music rights holders that enable the partnerships
- Assist in the project management of the integration of the carrier into the Apple Music platforms
- Manage the ongoing commercial relationships with partners including reporting, analysis and contract negotiations
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Business or related, MBA or equivalent degree preferred
- You will demonstrate passion and energy that will enable you to grow a multi-million dollar business programme across multiple continents
- You will have exceptional business development experience and demonstrate a strong background of managing key partners
- You will have a strong command of business and financial modelling
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management capability with great attention to detail
- This position is based in London, UK
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.