Apple is seeking an Insights Story Lead to join the Apple Music Insights and Research Team. You will collaborate closely with data and analytics, business, and PR teams to plan, develop, and write frequent data-driven stories about music for press, industry, and internal audiences. This is a highly cross-functional role and you’ll act as a domain expert and program lead, bringing together teams from across the business to bring out the best ideas.
In this role, you will:
- Guide the development of short but impactful data-driven stories about music that are culturally relevant and reveal the ways music connects and affects fans around the world
- Create and maintain a schedule of insights stories, collaborating with a cross-functional group to identify and prioritize new ideas
- Collaborate with various analytics and data science teams to source and analyze data that reveal the stories behind the music
- Collaborate with various analytics and design teams to create compelling data visualizations to communicate complex ideas in simple and intuitive ways
- Write the copy for these stories, working closely with teams across Apple Music to ensure stories are told with a consistent voice
The Music Insights and Research Team functions as domain experts for the intersection of music consumption and data. We are focused on contextualizing platform usage and leveraging research and analysis to inform the larger strategy for growing engagement and retention on Apple Music. We function as translators among data, editorial, and business teams, while helping to define requirements for the data and tools to understand a complex, fast-changing business.
- Preference for 5+ years experience in the digital music space in an editorial, music analyst, or similar role across content and data
- You have your finger on the pulse of culture and music, and can quickly interpret data to understand and anticipate the trends that will shape the next year in music
- You have experience in an editorial or copywriting role, preferably writing about data, and can communicate clearly and succinctly with your writing
- You are equally comfortable having detailed conversations about data with analysts while discussing broader industry trends with business teams
- You enjoy pouring over data and distilling complex ideas into simple and intuitive concepts that are easy to understand and communicate
- You work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- You are a critical thinker with a curious mind and have the ability to both focus on the details and to see the big picture
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable working cross-functionally in a large organization