The Independent Label Relations Representatives act as the primary day-to-day leads for our label partners. They are responsible for handling relationships, developing content and improving revenue opportunities for independent label partners.
We are the point contact for our independent label partners. We are a team that works cross-functionally across the Apple Music organization to facilitate business and operational needs, with the ultimate goal of identifying and driving mutual growth opportunities.
Acting as internal advocates for our partners, the team is constantly working with partners to develop best practices and provide guidance, while navigating a large network of internal departments, deadlines, and assets needed on an ongoing basis.
The Independent Label Relations Representative will be able to speak to a wide variety of genres while also having a deep understanding of the current Hip-Hop and R&B landscape.
- Do you have excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail? Are you able lead multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment?
- You’ll have experience and be an expert in developing and running complex, large-scale, promotional schedules.
- We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional experience is critical.
- You will run impactful programs independently while handling internal deadlines, and submissions from dozens of partners concurrently.
- We are seeking someone with experience leading and developing external relationships.
- Strategic understanding of key trends affecting the music industry and emerging technologies relevant digital music; plus an understanding of their different stages of development.
- Innovative; continuously seeks to improve and redefine the approach needed to grow the business.
- Understanding of the content supply chain from creator through to end user.
- You’ll understand the inner workings of the music distribution system in order to efficiently position new releases for featuring on the store and troubleshoot any issues that arise along the way.
- Experience adhering to the Metadata and styleguide requirements.
- Are you technically adept?
- Are you savvy with technology?
- You’ll have experience using content management systems, data and analysis software and manipulation of digital (audio & video) assets.
Comprehensive partner management focused on independent music content providers: The indie label representative will be the first point of contact for the independent content providers at Apple Music. In this role, you will field inquiries with topics ranging from content ingestion to sales and streaming strategy, royalty reporting to marketing, metadata guidelines to rights infringement and beyond. Internally, you will work closely with editorial, marketing and Beats 1 to help manage schedules, promotions, and priorities for partners across Apple Music.
Working across all these departments, and using the robust Apple Music ecosystem, you will create new promotions and opportunities for assigned label partners. You’ll be the internal advocate for a full roster of indie partners.
You’ll strive to help amplify your partners’ efforts around new release marketing using our available resources and your creative talent. You will identify priority content and communicate projections and marketing drivers for releases on a weekly basis. We receive hundreds of pitches for new release placement on Apple Music and iTunes each week.
You will be able to intelligently speak to a very wide range of new releases to a team of editorial music specialists. This is a cross-functional role that works closely with Apple Music business, marketing, production, legal, design, editorial, Beats 1 and technical operations teams.
Education & Experience
Five to seven years of experience at subscription service, media agency, music industry (rights holder, manager, live) or commercial digital music/media platform.
A deep understanding of the current Hip-Hop and R&B landscape, with the ability to also speak to a wide of a variety of genres.
Desired degree in Liberal Arts, Music Business, Media Studies or related field.