Apple is seeking an experienced, motivated, and passionate music industry professional for its Artist Services area focused on Hip-Hop/R&B Artist Relations.
Based in New York City, this person will work closely with artists and artist managers, as well key internal Apple partners to build and implement a first-class artist services strategy for this important sector of Apple’s music business.
You’ll have a strong and proficient understanding of digital entertainment, e-commerce, digital services platforms, and social media. You will be able to work collaboratively within a team structure; think strategically; execute tactically; and possess strong planning and communication skills.
- You will have a passion, energy, and enthusiasm for music and the music business?
- 5+ years of music industry experience working with labels, artist management, and e-commerce platforms
- Strong music industry relationships
- Strong knowledge and experience with both streaming and download services
- Strategic and creative thinker who can pro-actively problem solve
- Excellent communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of contemporary music with an emphasis on hip-hop and R&B
- Strong knowledge of pop culture and general entertainment industry trends
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and run multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel when needed
- Ability to work weekends from home
- You will represent the company at industry events
One of the core principles of a successful music service is a close relationship with the music industry: specifically with the creative community of artists and their representatives.
Whether streamed via a subscription service, or purchased as a download, Apple views its partnerships with those who write and record music as second-to-none. Creativity and innovation are foundational elements of the Apple brand and we strive to work closely with every artist to help them realize their dreams.
Apple is looking for someone to help continue this tradition by building deeper and stronger connections within the community of music creators and those who represent them.