Posted: May 22, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200479382
We are looking for a senior leader with deep music knowledge to lead Music Partner Solutions at Apple Music. In this role, you will spearhead a global program for music partners.
Music Partner Solutions is part of the Insights and Strategic Project Development group. The team develops new ideas and guides new initiatives to market. We also inform content strategies, programs, and partnerships with analysis and insights. This is a highly visible team within the Apple Music organization.
Come work with us and use your passion for technology and people to help shape the future of music!
- 7+ years of experience in partner facing business development or account management roles
- Deep understanding of the recorded music business and the application of data to it
- Experience marketing and integrating digital music analytics products and similar tools with partners
- Comfort working in and through ambiguity; cross-functional experience is a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral—you can convey complex ideas simply
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to find creative solutions when roadmaps are full
- Self-starter and results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn
- Critical and curious thinker with the ability to focus on both the details and big picture
Apple Music provides many innovative products and tools for the music industry. These include Apple Music for Artists, the Music Analytics API, and MusicKit.
As Head of Partner Solutions, you are responsible for adoption of Apple Music tools by record labels. You’re passionate about developing both existing and new relationships with partners. You understand what partners need, and create and put in place plans to solve those needs. You are an advocate for them in internal product and engineering discussions. In this role, you will develop and mobilize strategies to build awareness and excitement in the industry, and ultimately adoption.
Additionally, you will build relationships with key internal stakeholders, understanding their objectives and needs. You should be at ease prioritizing individual needs against larger organizational goals. You should also be comfortable encouraging collaboration and working in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
Develop ongoing program strategy and marketing materials to increase partner participation with input from across the business
Meet with labels on a regular basis and develop relationships with a diverse set of label functions, including Marketing and A&R
Understand individual label pain points and proactively create and present to partners solutions plans to solve those needs
Serve as a primary first point of contact for labels and work cross-functionally to manage strategic relationships
Help labels succeed with Apple Music tools by working with cross-functional teams to deliver hands-on, in-person demos and engagement