The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries.
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We’re growing and urge you to apply.
We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
Apple’s fast-growing global Apple Music business seeks a creatively-minded Editorial Tools, Personalization and Features Project Manager to join its global Editorial team.
You’ll be a natural communicator, with the unique ability to speak from the intersection of art + science, translating between the creative and analytical sides of the organization to ensure an amazing customer experience.
Working with the many varied stakeholders across the business, the individual in this role will help drive the editorial vision for key aspects of personalization, internal tools and product features from concept stage through to completion.
- You have a thorough understanding of the digital content streaming space.
- You excel working cross-functionally to bring ideas and plans together; being able to reconcile different creative points of view as well as ensuring that each partner is invested.
- Both verbal and written communication skills are critical; including the ability to become fluent in technical concepts and explain to non-technical stakeholders and vice-versa.
- You have a deep connection to the arts, tech, & media landscape, and experience working closely with both creative and engineering teams.
- You will work well under pressure.
- You’ll have experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You are passionate about user experience and can inspire designers and engineers with thought-provoking editorial objectives and customer-centric use cases.
- You have an understanding of content technologies such as content management systems, metadata and taxonomy management tools and analytics tools.
- You’ll have a proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to get results across a large matrixed organization.
- You are able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems.
- You are well versed in pop culture, music and are passionate about entertainment.
- You have had experience working across many International cultures and countries with both an understanding for local nuances
- You have knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) strategy and planning.
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- Are you flexible and versatile in nature? Able to take on challenges while maintaining and keeping and sense of humor?
- Do you have experience with Excel, Numbers, Keynote and FileMaker databases?
- Data science research or human computer interaction experience is a plus
- Finally, you have to be passionate about digital technology and possess a “get it done” attitude
The Editorial Project Manger will provide cross-functional support and key stakeholder coordination across various areas including Search, Siri, Personalization, Product and Tools.
Work with the editorial teams globally to improve their experience within Apple Music tools.
Work with engineering to help guide the implementation of new editorial products to engage listeners, expand audience and support business objectives.
Help maintain the relationship between editorial voices and algorithmic needs in order to provide the best listening experience for all users.
Help run the evaluation of and conceptualization of the editorial input into music personalization efforts.
Work with leadership from other teams such as engineering, product marketing, content operations, and production in order to best create products and initiatives that establish and best represent the editorial voice of Apple Music. Partner with editorial, engineering, product design, analytics, and business teams through the complete product development cycle.
Develop, implement, and maintain guidelines and procedures for consistent and quality editorial tag management and content organization.
Advocate for the prioritization of impactful features on the engineering roadmap and key resource commitments among cross-functional teams. Work cross-functionally to assess, maintain, and prioritize all editorial tools.
Handle qualitative and data-driven assessments of all inputs, assumptions and results of personalization work. Locate creative and effective approaches and solutions to all algorithmic problems.
Education & Experience
University degree preferable. MBA or Post-Graduate preferred. 5 to 10 years experience in a related field.