The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
The Charts and Market Analytics Manager will develop a clear music industry business strategy for Apple Music data products and lead a new team to enable data-driven conversations between Apple, labels, artists, and the broader industry.
- Prior management experience leading a Product or Analytics team in a highly cross-functional environment, preferably with an industry focus
- A deep understanding of the music industry (and Apple’s role in it), a passion for rights holders, and experience working with data and reporting systems in the digital space
- An ability to clearly and effectively communicate and manage relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- A nagging intellectual curiosity and an extreme attention to detail that drives you to self-audit your work and understand complex systems
- Develop a clear voice for Apple Music data products within the music industry by collaborating cross-functionally with Analytics, Label Relations, and Business Intelligence to define a common set of metrics and data methodologies between Apple and the broader music industry.
- Work closely with all key Apple Music product roadmap stakeholders including engineering, product marketing, and design to ensure label and artist facing data tools are first in class
- Define and drive a clear strategy for Apple Music charts, including official charts for music and podcasts, by building and managing strategic relationships with chart partners around the world, researching and understanding the industry chart rules and logic, and working cross-functionally with analysts. engineers, product marketing, design, and business teams to define, test, and develop innovative and dynamic internal Apple Music charts
- Establish a new, global team to work directly with the broader music industry to link data with action by:
- Meeting directly with music labels and chart partners to identify ways to improve Apple Music reporting by anticipating needs and understanding the global industry trends
- Working closely with internal teams around the world to implement a cohesive charts and label data strategy and enabling effective, data-driven conversations with labels and artists
- Working closely with product and development teams to implement new features and enhancements to our industry-facing reporting systems and data products