The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
We are seeking an expert in label and artist licensing rights to support commercial licensing relating to such rights. This is a key role to support the rapid expansion and growth of Apple Music and all use of musical content across the Apple ecosystem. We’re growing and encourage you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most passionate individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
You will be supporting the IS&S team’s global growth efforts with a focus on developing new partnership opportunities, negotiation of deal framework and terms, as well as supporting special strategic projects.
- 3 to 6 years of relevant industry work experience.
- Exceptional understanding of the global music licensing landscape.
- Intimate understanding of the digital music and content distribution industry.
- Outstanding business development, negotiation and partnership leadership skills.
- Proven track record working in international, cross-functional teams and a high growth environment.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Build relationships and support business negotiations with music labels around the world.
- Support the expansion of new markets, product features, pricing and commercial programs crafted to accelerate the growth of Apple Music.
- Analyze, interpret and understand data showing the impact of various features and programs on labels and rights-holders.
- Support regular business reviews with applicable labels to supervise performance and identify opportunities for growth.
- Work in close partnership with Legal and internal stakeholders such as operations and reporting to negotiate sophisticated licenses with rights-holders.
- Scope business and financial models for new partnerships, programs and other business initiatives in collaboration with the Business Development team.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related subject, MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- Experience working in commercial and/or licensing roles within the music industry, ideally within music services.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $106,500 and $160,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.