Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses.
Apple’s Content and Services Legal group seeks an exceptional mid-level attorney focused on music initiatives to add to its content product and transactional team, which supports Apple’s music, movie, television, and other content businesses worldwide.
- 4+ years relevant experience working on digital content and consumer-facing technology and e-commerce issues, providing practical legal advice and negotiating content licensing and other transactions.
- Interest in digital media and internet-based distribution models.
- Experience in copyright, rights clearances, and other areas of intellectual property law.
- Experience in product counseling and working with business, product, and engineering teams preferred.
- Experience with legal and regulatory issues in the areas of online content, digital distribution, and subscription services preferred.
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills.
- Understanding of music licensing, other digital content licensing, subscription models, online video business models, DRM and other content protection strategies, and digital supply chain issues is beneficial.
- Adept at advising clients, including senior executives, on complex content- and technology-related legal issues and regulatory matters.
- Effective negotiator with strong business and problem-solving skills who is well versed in structuring content licensing and other agreements.
- Ability to build client relationships and work collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Good judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle a variety of matters at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience at a law firm and in-house with a label, studio, or relevant technology firm preferred.
The Apple content team is responsible for the full range of legal work for domestic and international distribution through the world’s leading digital content platform. In this role, you will draft and negotiate agreements and provide product advice consistent with Apple’s policies and practices and aligned with evolving strategic goals. You will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator, drafter, and counselor who can translate business objectives into agreements and give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
JD and excellent academic credentials.