The Independent Label Relations Representative will be responsible for managing relationships, developing content and maximizing revenue opportunities for independent label partners.
This role works cross-functionally to facilitate business and operational needs, with the ultimate goal of identifying and driving mutual growth opportunities.
- Strategic understanding of key trends affecting the music industry and emerging technologies relevant to digital music; plus an understanding of their different stages of development.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage complex promotional schedules, internal deadlines, and submissions from dozens of partners at any given time.
- Innovative; continuously seeks to enhance and redefine the approach needed to grow the business.
- Thorough understanding of the content supply chain from creator through to end user.
- Strong understand the inner workings of the music distribution system in order to efficiently position new releases for featuring on the store and troubleshoot any issues that arise along the way.
- Experience adhering to the Metadata and styleguide requirements.
- Solid understanding of a variety of genres of music.
- Technically adept
- The desired candidate should be comfortable with technology and have experience using content management systems, data and analysis software and manipulation of digital (audio & video) assets.
Comprehensive partner management focused on independent music content providers: The indie label representative will be the first point of contact for the content providers at Apple Music.
Will field inquiries with topics ranging from content ingestion to sales and streaming strategy, royalty reporting to marketing, metadata guidelines to rights infringement and beyond.
Work with the music and marketing teams to create new promotions and opportunities for assigned label partners.
Must be the internal advocate for a full roster of indie partners and must aggressively strive to help amplify your partners’ efforts around new release marketing using our available resources and your creative talent.
Identify priority content and communicate projections and marketing drivers for releases on a weekly basis.
Must be able to intelligently speak to a very wide range of new releases to a team of editorial music experts.
We receive hundreds of pitches for new release placement on Apple Music and iTunes each week. Must be the internal voice championing all partners’ new releases.
Cross-functional role that works closely with Apple Music business, marketing, production, legal, design, editorial, Beats 1 and technical operations teams. Must be able to navigate a large network of internal departments.
Five to seven years of experience at subscription service, media agency, music industry (rights holder, manager, live) or commercial digital music/media platform. Desired degree in Liberal Arts, Music Business, Media Studies or related field.