The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries.
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Manager, Production, to lead a cross-functional team of content producers and platform publishers, responsible for managing the execution of all featured content and bespoke campaigns and programs across Apple Media Products, including Apple Music, App Store, iTunes Store, TV App, Apple Books, and Apple Podcasts. Department Summary: The Production Team implements and deploys on-service/in-store offerings across products (iTunes Store, Apple Music, App Store, TV App, Books Store) and platforms (Desktop, Apple TV, iOS).
- Strong leadership and management experience running multiple functions and teams across a broad region.
- Extensive experience with organizational change management.
- Cool under pressure with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate remote employees, ensuring they’re aligned with wider organizational and business goals.
- Experience at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners, marketing, localization, creative teams, and technical teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Experience working with web-based Content Management Systems.
- A sharp attention to detail, and a knack for developing operational efficiencies.
- An understanding of the end-to-end workflow for managing featuring content, and how to constantly refine to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely to multiple audiences at all levels.
- Deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
- Well versed in pop culture, media, and are passionate about entertainment.
The Head of AMP Production, plays a critical function in that their organization is the main linchpin between business/editorial and all of the teams who contribute to featured content throughout all of our stores and services. This person will be managing multiple teams of cross-functional producers, organized by line of business, who project manage key campaigns, programs, and content, from deliverables that need to be turned on a daily basis to incredibly complex, longer-lead projects.
This person will also be managing a team of platform publishers who manage, QA, and publish digital content assets across our stores and services and oversee execution-based programming for our storefronts. Both of these areas of the organization also play critical roles in identifying and managing launch deliverables for new product and feature launches, which requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration across both creative and technical teams. Working closely with the Editorial, Business, and Design teams, the candidate in this role must be fully synced with the businesses’ priorities, and ensure that the team is set up to produce and execute on every project on often shifting and very tight timelines.
The person in this role must be adept at managing senior-level managers and someone who excels in high-pressure production environments. In this role you’ll be responsible for the following: Acting as the main Production point person for the business and executive teams, understanding their priorities and making sure the team is aligned with the wider organization’s goals.
Managing multiple teams of producers who focus on music, video, apps, and more. Ensuring that your heads create, maintain, and socialize overarching project schedules, help them to redirect pitfalls and work with the team to develop better courses of action. Ensuring that all featured content and promotions are deployed on time and accurately, meeting if not exceeding the role of the business. Working cross-functionally and hand-in-hand with Production cohorts around the globe to drive new operations and production processes and streamline existing workflows. Constantly evaluating the requirements and resources to make the Production team successful.
Driving a strong, open, supportive, and positive team culture. Integrating the team into the day-to-day business operations in the US, and collaborating with Production units around the world. Establishing clear goals and related KPIs that measure team performance, and regularly reporting these metrics to management. Making data-driven decisions and solid, data-supported cases for tooling and process evolution, working with the global Production management to drive change.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 10 to 15 years relevant experience.