Experienced leader to manage teams of writers that craft marketing copy and pop culture writing for Apple Music, iTunes, and marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Experience in driving and shaping voice and tone for publications.
- Experience collaborating with executives on high-level editorial strategy and marketing campaigns.
- Experience partnering with creative directors and design leads to tell the story through copy + visuals.
- Significant management experience, especially dealing with diverse teams of creatives.
- Experience fostering writers to work across a diversity of projects.
- Must be able to deal with pressure-cooker timelines and shifting deliverables—all while maintaining your composure and keeping teams on track.
- Strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally to help develop and streamline process.
- Pop culture background and bulletproof writing and editing chops a must.
We’re looking for an experienced leader with deep pop culture expertise and stellar writing and editing skills to lead multiple writing teams. The person in this role would manage teams that cover the scope of writing here at Apple Music and iTunes, from journalistic coverage to advertising campaigns to product marketing.
The person in this role would manage the marketing writers, who cover our product and feature launches, writing snappy headlines and copy in the apps, crafting compelling marketing copy, including video scripts, for our internal teams and sometimes external partners, and writing engaging emails that evangelize our features and products to our users. This head would also manage our team of editorial writers, who cover music, movies, TV, and books throughout the entire iTunes ecosystem and all external marketing channels.
It’s essential that this candidate can drive a vision for our voice and tone—and be able to advocate and execute on it. This person must have experience in shaping and defining a creative voice, and can work cross-functionally with teams as diverse as Design and Product Marketing to make sure our features, design, and copy all come together in a way that inspires and delights our users. The role demands being able to articulate the high-level vision and advocate for it, but also get into the details, even line editing, with our writers and copy managers to make sure everyone’s aligned to the same vision.
BA or higher. 7 to 10 years related work experience.