There’s a reason why “struggling artist” is a well-known term. At Applause, we’re changing that. Spurred by the devastation wrought by the pandemic, we’re building a new medium for creators and fans to foster long-term community through highly gamified, live, two-way interaction. Applause empowers creators and their fans to have more fun and connect more deeply than ever before; as a result, creators make far more money than on any other platform.
We only recently launched but thousands of fans have already taken part in events on Applause — events that have brought tears of joy to the eyes of fans and smiles to the faces of musicians, comedians and other creators alike.
Our mission is to empower creators and fans to thrive through a direct connection with one another, both during the pandemic and far beyond.
Where You Fit In
Applause is seeking a Content & Social Media Manager who understands the power of compelling content and social media — not only for growing and scaling a business but, more importantly, as a vital means of building community. As Applause’s content lead and social media manager, you’ll be responsible for conveying the overall messaging that represents Applause to the creators and fans you’ll be engaging with frequently.
You will have a key role in helping Applause’s marketing team achieve its goals of building a community around Applause’s creators and their fans, growing adoption, and increasing engagement. You will have ownership over which resources are required and which strategy will serve Applause best. You will be expected to lead and implement the most effective overall social strategy while continuously iterating on that process based on data-informed results.
You’ll work closely with the company’s marketing team, along with Artist Relations, the Product team, and Applause’s co-founders to influence the growth strategy of the company overall. The right person for this role has experience working in music, entertainment and/or startups, organically growing socials and a proven track record of creating compelling content (across social media, email, SEO and other channels).
- Build community around Applause’s creators and their fans through relevant, original, high-quality content as well as hands-on engagement
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice. Such content includes a variety of formats (photo, Reels, TikToks, written, etc.) across a variety of channels (e.g. social media, blog, email, etc.)
- Manage Applause’s social media presence including content planning, content creation, data analysis and reporting
- Define and execute Applause’s email strategy (via HubSpot) for both creators and fans with a deep understanding of the user journey and critical touch-points
- Create and manage the Applause blog, including the editorial calendar, writing posts, managing freelance writers, and supporting content partnership opportunities based on keyword analysis and SEO performance
- Develop and execute unique and compelling thought-leadership content to attract new artists and fans, convert leads, and increase brand awareness
- Measure and assess the success of our content strategy across all channels, regularly reporting on results and evolving the strategy based on KPIs.
- Maintain Applause’s help center, ensuring help articles are up-to-date, easy to follow, and discoverable
- Support broader marketing and sales efforts as needed to drive user acquisition and retention through asset creation and website development
- 3-5+ years at a consumer-oriented music or music/tech company
- 3+ years experience with social media management, content creation, and community building
- Proven track record of building organic social media growth and community
- Ability to identify social trends and implement unique and creative content around them
- Genuine music and pop culture lover who has their finger on the pulse of everything music including regularly attending music events
- Deep knowledge of all social platforms along with music streaming platforms like Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music and Amazon
- Excellent writer who can capture the voice of the brand with fun, humor and wit, and who knows and can communicate to our user/customer
- Experience with leveraging paid ads to boost social following and engagement
- Ability to understand the core of a brand and bring that to life across all social channels
- Great eye for design and comfortable creating / editing content, including video
- Comfortable working both remotely and at the company’s office in LA