Anthem Entertainment is one of the world’s leading independent music and entertainment content and services companies, comprised of a music publishing division, recorded music label, production music division, and a film and television audio-visual secondary rights (AVSR) management company.
Anthem Entertainment operates offices in Toronto, Nashville, New York, Los Angeles and London with a team of approximately 200 dedicated industry professionals. The company supports artists, create content, and provide services around the world. As technology and entertainment evolve, Anthem Entertainment works hard to create and maximize opportunities for its talent and clients. Anthem’s difference: a unique approach that combines the resources, power and reach of a major with the agility, entrepreneurism and soul of an indie.
The Senior Financial Analyst focuses on the day-to-day managing and capture of financial information including timely and accurate preparation of financial and management reports. The role interacts and provides service and insight to divisional profit centers to assist them in understanding and better managing their businesses to meet targets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Presenting financial information that is useful and tailored to each prospective business.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly consolidated divisional financial statements and management information package
- Participate in the planning and administration of the annual budget process including detailed review and analysis of budget submissions.
- Provide reports to corporate and business unit management on the BU’s revenues and expenses
- Track and report on projects and CAPEX relative to proposed budget
- Ensure timely and accurate capture of financial data in Dynamics GP
- Month-end processing and adherence to reporting deadlines
- Account reconciliations and analysis, actual-to-budget variance analysis and forecasting P&L line items
- Identify opportunities for and implement process improvements, including automation, through effective use of financial systems
- Provide backup for coworkers’ tasks including:
- Payments and recording of new music inventory acquisitions
- Update and evaluate performance of existing properties during post-acquisition phase
- Work with Finance and Administration staff to accurately interface revenues into the financial system and ensure cash receipts and revenues are recorded correctly
- Assist in interim and year-end audit processes, including assigned audit schedules and working papers
- Prepare and communicate entertainment competitor analysis including industry and peer data / trends.
- Submit Quarterly Statistics Canada survey filings
Background and Requirements:
- Accounting degree and 3 – 5 years of financial reporting experience in a Music Publishing and/or Recorded Music Company
- Strong analytical skills with a solid background in accounting and/or finance
- Experience with management reporting and business analytics
- Treasury experience preferable
- Demonstrated decision-making support and analysis experience
- Proven adherence to deadlines
- Tech-savvy with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Dynamics Great Plains an asset
Applicants should apply to [email protected]
All persons will be considered for the role regardless of race, gender, ability.