Anthem Entertainment is one of the world’s leading independent music and entertainment content and services companies, comprised of a music publishing division, recorded music label, production music division, and a film and television audio-visual secondary rights (AVSR) management company.
Anthem Entertainment operates offices in Toronto, Nashville, New York, Los Angeles and London with a team of approximately 200 dedicated industry professionals. The company supports artists, create content, and provide services around the world. As technology and entertainment evolve, Anthem Entertainment works hard to create and maximize opportunities for its talent and clients. Anthem’s difference: a unique approach that combines the resources, power and reach of a major with the agility, entrepreneurism and soul of an indie.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Reporting works closely with the VP, Finance and the Controller to help increase the company’s profitability and efficiency by assisting both medium and long-term financial measures. This newly created role is hands on requires oversight of financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, business development/deal on-boarding, financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders, audits, governance and risk management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defines financial situations by completing quantitative analyses and develops strategies to address potential outcomes and returns
- Manage key processes, including budgeting, forecasting, R&Os, monthly close, performance reporting, and others.
Develop, optimize and standardize FP&A processes, including through coordination of automation opportunities and sharing of best practices.
- Synthesize and communicate the financial narrative in executive and Board materials.
- Involved in the valuation of IP assets by maintaining current portfolio valuation and assessing and highlighting risks of impairment, and a key contributor to reviewing and assisting with the execution of the external valuation
- Maintains database of key financial metrics of the Finance department, which are relied on by Senior Management for monthly/ad hoc reviews and discussions
- Responsible for oversight and maintenance of key financial models within the department i.e., specific to minimum guarantees and collars
- Responsible for cash flow forecasting on a weekly basis to ensure working capital/deal funding requirements are met
- Oversight of two analysts to ensure that all monthly, quarterly, annual objectives are met
- Oversees the preparation of monthly consolidated divisional financial statements and management information package
- Provide reports to corporate and business unit management on the BU’s revenues and expenses
- Ensure timely and accurate capture of financial data in Dynamics GP by the Financial Reporting team
- Month-end processing and adherence to reporting deadlines
- Refine management financial reporting including KPI dashboards, monthly business reviews, board presentations, investor packages
Background and Requirements:
- Extensive experience in financial planning and analysis as well as managing budgets, projecting and forecasting
- Solid technical accounting knowledge with recognized accounting designation (CPA or CA preferred)
- Relevant managerial work experience (minimum 3 years) with an Accounting degree and 3 – 5 years of financial reporting experience in a Music Publishing and/or Recorded Music Company
- Experience creating and managing complex financial models
- Ability to interact with and influence all staff levels, including C suite executives
- Prior variance analysis and decision-making experience
- Ability to research potential solutions to problems and make sound recommendations for appropriate action
- The following skillsets are an asset: Microsoft Dynamics GP, experience with management reporting and business analytics, internal controls and audit, system implementations/upgrades
On a personal level, this individual must be self-confident and resilient. They must be very dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized. This strongly self-motivated individual will rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity.
Applicants should apply to [email protected]
All persons will be considered for the role regardless of race, gender, ability.