Anthem Entertainment is one of the world’s leading independent music and entertainment content and services companies, comprised of a music publishing division, recorded music label, production music division, and a film and television audio-visual secondary rights (AVSR) management company.
Anthem Entertainment operates offices in Toronto, Nashville, New York, Los Angeles and London with a team of approximately 200 dedicated industry professionals. The company supports artists, create content, and provide services around the world. As technology and entertainment evolve, Anthem Entertainment works hard to create and maximize opportunities for its talent and clients. Anthem’s difference: a unique approach that combines the resources, power and reach of a major with the agility, entrepreneurism and soul of an indie.
The FP&A Analyst helps to increase the company’s profitability and efficiency by assisting both medium and long-term financial measures. This role is hands on and requires extensive preparation of financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting data.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin
- Extensive data reconciliation & consolidation, as well as variance analysis
- Monitor KPIs and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
- Involved in the valuation of IP assets by maintaining current portfolio valuation and assessing and highlighting risks of impairment, and a key contributor in preparing documents required for the external valuation
- Updates database of key financial metrics of the Finance department, which are relied on by senior management for monthly and ad hoc reviews and discussions
- Adept at preparing financial reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of key financial models within the department i.e., specific to minimum guarantees and collars
- Key participant in the annual budgeting process, quarterly and monthly forecasting process
- Involved in extensive collaboration with the Finance team to ensure that month end reporting deliverables are prepared in an accurate and timely manner
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as required
Background and Requirements:
- Technical accounting knowledge (ASPE), with either a recognized accounting designation (CPA) or actively pursuing one
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, with competency ranging between intermediate to advanced
- Variance analysis and decision-making experience
- The following skill sets would be an asset: experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, management reporting and business analytics, internal controls and audit and system implementations/upgrades as well as working knowledge of Power BI
Applicants should apply to [email protected]
All persons will be considered for the role regardless of race, gender, ability.