About The Position
Antares Audio Technologies, inventors of Auto-Tune®, and worldwide leader in vocal production tools, is looking for a Data Analyst / Engineer to join our team and be a major contributor to our rapidly growing business.
Antares is a leading vocal processing software company based in San Francisco. Antares is best known for creating “Auto-Tune,” recognized as the industry standard for pitch correction software. In addition to Auto-Tune, Antares sells a suite of additional audio effect software products focused on vocal manipulation. Antares focuses on the professional and “prosumer” segments of the global audio software market and targets its customers directly through its own website and through third party wholesale relationships. Antares licenses its core technologies across a range of professional and consumer vocal processing applications.
As Antares continues to evolve its product offering and further commercializes its technology, it is seeking an experienced, ambitious, analytical and hands-on Data Analyst / Engineer. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance & Strategy, the Data Analyst/Engineer’s main responsibility will drive day-to-day analysis and reporting of KPIs across the entire organization, including Finance, Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, and Engineering departments.
Key functions of this role include exporting and synthesizing key data that flows through technical D2C systems and presenting actionable insights that the management team can use to make decisions. You are an experienced Data Engineer with a proven track record of designing, developing and maintaining data warehouses, data marts, data pipelines, and processes leveraging the next generation of data analytics technology. You’re a master at Excel, SQL databases, Power BI/Tableau, and have familiarity with other business intelligence & marketing tools such as Salesforce/Pardot, Google Analytics, etc., as well as backend data infrastructure systems (Snowflake, Big Query, etc.).
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, and poised under the pressure of juggling multiple high-priority projects in a fast-paced high-growth environment. You thrive on identifying important trends through data mining to forecasting/benchmark future performance and accelerating our business.
Antares has a positive, small-company work culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and highly self-motivated. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
- Responsible for building and analyzing key company dashboards & reports across the entire organization, while understanding root causes of changes in metrics and driving strategic data-driven decisions
- Drive architecture modernization, combining data from disparate sources to a central warehouse and leveraging analytical tools to deliver fresh, high-quality datasets for business leaders and end users
- Focus on driving critical business insights for our executive team while partnering with leaders throughout the company to assess new opportunities and execute on ideas
- Ability to export, manipulate and decipher key data points across a variety of different data sources
- Assist D2C team in monitoring performance across various customer cohorts, campaigns & marketing channels
- Partner closely with product marketing and engineering teams to help identify and forecast key trends and opportunities within particular markets
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for the entire organization
- Provide recommendations on best practices for data governance in collaboration with master data management and development teams
- Manage, develop and track department budgets working closely with VP of Finance and department heads
- Assist Finance team with general FP&A related items, as needed
Key Experience / Requirements
- 3+ years of relevant experience in data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, optimized SQL queries
- In depth knowledge of data management and BI strategies, principles and practices including experience with framework for data quality, data governance, data management
- Experience in design and development of cloud data warehouse platforms, including Google BigQuery and Snowflake
- Extensive experience designing SQL databases
- Excellent Excel & SQL skills, with significant experience using Power BI, Tableau or other visualization / BI software tools
- Brilliant verbal and written communication skills and ability to cross collaborate across all functions of an organization
- Experience helping senior leadership teams make strategic data-driven decisions by applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to help team members see beyond the numbers
- Hyper-organized individual with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong financial planning, digital marketing, and subscription-related (SAAS) knowledge a plus
- Financial/GAAP knowledge a plus
- Development experience in any scripting language a plus (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Passion for music is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and/or tools a plus