Want to work at a Top-Level Live Events Company in the Midwest overseeing multiple arenas and world class venues!
The VP, Strategy and Growth will be responsible for driving growth beyond the core business to include new partnerships, premium inventory and experiences, M&A, original productions, etc. The finalist will lead all business development efforts from business modeling to due diligence, and all activities related to strategic partnerships.
- Identify and execute transformational growth opportunities to build incremental revenues and enterprise value.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of initiatives to fulfill 5-year plan. Monitor live entertainment landscape for adjacent and non-core opportunities.
- Drive development of strategic plans and partner with senior executives to implement strategy, design performance metrics and monitor planned results.
- Direct and oversee delivery of strategic and financial presentations to senior executives.
- Build a process for evaluating and recommending new initiatives including opportunity assessment, competitive benchmarking, financial modeling and scenario analysis and implementation.
- Deep dive into business challenges to identify the underlying drivers and opportunities to address.
- Evaluate potential mergers, acquisitions, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities.
- Serve as a critical liaison in connecting work streams that would otherwise remain siloed.
- Maintains the organization’s Strategic Plan and facilitate the annual planning processes.
Background and Requirements:
- Track record of success in driving rapid and successful operational turnarounds and/or rapid growth programs, across key strategic areas such as revenue, cost and operations.
- Demonstrated experience in building strategy, modeling/rational deal negotiation, partnership development and execution.
- Strong project management acumen and ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands on the operations.
- Instill trust, confidence and credibility in process and decision-making by exhibiting consistent and methodical approaches to workflow.
- Exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Experience investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
On a personal level, this individual must be self-confident and resilient. This executive must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment that will enable them to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and externally.
Other attributes include:
- Influence leadership by establishing credibility, trust, and rapport throughout the organization.
- A reputation for execution and getting things done — must be dogged in their approach, able to break through status quo through high action orientation.
- Must be able to be proactive in anticipating problems and be willing to be the naysayer in a group discussion to ensure the organization has considered unintended consequences.
- Must be accountable —always focused on both near- and long-term goals of the business units.
- Demonstrated decision making and solution-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills and a positive attitude are a must.
- Able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and proactively set expectations.
- Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity.