Social Media Manager / Personal Assistant to Music Artist
BASE LOCATION: United States – preferred Los Angeles (negotiable)
INDUSTRY: Music / Entertainment
HOURS: Full time (this is not a 9 to 5 job, you will be required to work as and when needed with time off in lieu)
TRAVEL: Yes (extensively when on tour)
EDUCATION LEVEL: College degree preferred but not required
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: 3+ years in the music or associated industries / a thorough understanding of all facets of social media required
PAY RANGE: Negotiable (based on experience)
We are looking for a communicative and extremely resilient Social Media Manager / Personal Assistant for a high profile music artist, to take on the full responsibility for all social media creation and execution (at the direction and in collaboration with the artist, their management and record label).
You will also provide secretarial, administrative, and personal support in a well-organized, unflustered and timely manner. Extreme attention to detail is an absolute must as are organisational skills.
The successful candidate will need to be able to travel, predominantly in the USA & Europe, Australia for the artist’s performances and appearances. (Must have a valid passport or willing to obtain one.)
You will work alongside the artist, their managers and their record labels (globally) on a variety of tasks related to the artist’s working life and communication on various social media platforms. (Must be tech-savvy and have a good eye for visuals).
- Act as the secondary point of contact between the artist both internally & externally
- Scheduling day-to-day activities, reminders, and managing personal calendars
- Make basic personal ground travel arrangements
- Assist the artist at performances by: communicating with event organizers, carrying belongings, retrieving meals, etc.
- Capture footage for website and social media content
- Working closely with the Artists creative team, videographer & editor on all facets of content
- Maintain a content and posting calendar
- Assist with consistent content ideas
- Manage social media including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Youtube, X, etc.
- Assisting with daily posts across all platforms (or as directed)
- Emails to managers, follow ups, and engaging with consumers and followers
- Implement campaigns and communicate artists ideas
- Manage and schedule meetings and appointments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude, and English proficiency
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills (this is key)
- Knowledge of basic office management systems and procedures
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload and to close loops
- Detail oriented
- Discretion and confidentiality mandatory
- Proficient using Google Suite: Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.
- Proficient using Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Youtube, X etc
- Proficiency using softwares such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop, or Final Cut Pro would be considered an advantage
- PA diploma or certification in Social Media would be considered an advantage
Please send your resume through to: email@example.com
Applications for this role will close on 3rd November 2023 and we will reach out to those shortlisted for a personal interview with the artist and their management team the following week.