Well-known music management company / record label is seeking a honed and extremely seasoned Music Publishing Executive with broad acumen in copyrights, royalties and business affairs administration.
The company is seeking a music publishing professional with operational competency who desires stability, security and career growth in the music industry, with a highly respected multinational company that has an A-list client roster and diverse arms within multiple sectors of the entertainment industry.
Responsibilities & Experience Required
This music publishing executive will perform a wide range of duties reporting to the CEO / EVP of the company.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of music publishing experience.
- Broad acumen with music royalties & copyrights
- Knowledge of synchronization (sync) for TV, Motion Picture, Advertising
- Ability to determine and maintain accurate actuals
- Supervise copyright/royalties staff and mentor to develop their skills
- Exhibit good judgment and broad acumen to interface with artists, writers, producers, representation and creatives
- Business and legal affairs knowledge to interface directly with the internal legal department attorneys in the U.S. and globally
- Function with the Firm’s external U.S. law firm in New York and Los Angeles to manage business affairs, agreements, contracts, deal structures and joint ventures.
- Comprehensive organizational, time management and computer skills
- Ability to optimize workflow and the reporting of payments to creatives
- Good soft and interpersonal skills to work in an upbeat, friendly, and deadline-driven environment that is highly desired in the industry.
- Maturity to work in a confidential manner
- A music publishing professional who enjoys a creative environment and keeps abreast of industry trends
- A person who is capable of increased growth and responsibility as new and existing publishing and record label businesses expand in global music markets.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume with to [email protected]