A record label company in the Nashville area is seeking an HR Manager to manage all aspects of HR in the company, including employee relations, benefits and outsourced payroll services, performance management, employee training, recruiting and compliance. This is a one-person department with around 50 employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering employment contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Perform staffing duties, including hiring and onboarding.
- Oversee administering disciplinary and termination procedures.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Work with executive team to continually refine HR handbook.
- Prepare, develop, and administer employee training, including onboarding, benefits, sexual and workplace harassment policies, etc.
- Oversee the annual employee performance review process.
- Oversee with provider on employee benefit issues, including open enrollment, disability, 401K and other benefits programs.
- Work closely with the ADP payroll clerk regarding salary changes, terminations, promotions and stock compensation.
- Excellent integrity and discretion
- Strong composure and calm demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred; PHR certification preferred.
- 5+ years Human Resources/Management experience
- Should be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience in the music business industry
Upon reopening of the office (due to COVID), the work for this position is intended to be performed full time in the Company’s offices in Nashville, TN. Work hours are generally 9:00AM -5:30 PM Monday through Friday. Some overtime and weekend work may be required.