About Our Client
Our music company is a new global music venture focused on investing in and providing personalized solutions to independent labels and artists. Our goal is to establish a world-class, future-facing entity. We strive to be a record company for the future, based on flexibility, deep values and a passion for independent culture. We are building a team to join us on that journey. You will be joining a fast-growing, values-focused organization, led by a team of renowned industry experts working with a broad range of music genres.
Driven by our core mission to respect, preserve and enhance the legacies and cultural identity of our growing list of artist and label partners, we care deeply about our company culture. We are committed to providing a working environment that is inclusive and promotes collaboration and contribution.
Responsible for all physical sales worldwide, including distributor, wholesale, retail, D2C and Artist sales.
Reports directly to the Partners responsible for revenue growth.
Flexible. Colleagues are working virtually and currently based in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, London and other locations.
Lead the strategic sales, execution and account servicing for vinyl, CD and other physical product across all channels including brick and mortar retail, online retail, D2C and Artist to Fan.
- Responsible for all worldwide sales. Set and deliver on sales targets for all physical music product.
- Effectively communicate with buyers and decision makers across all physical channels, promoting all of the company’s products, and driving sales.
- Coordinate all company controlled D2C via Shopify and other partners.
- Manage relationships with third party distributors, promoting catalog and releases, and listening for insight on trends and competitive landscape.
- Set up and manage direct relationships with independent, big box and online retail throughout North America.
- Create and execute an international strategy by identifying, prioritizing and working through qualified distributors for each key territory.
- Develop and manage a full Bandcamp physical sales strategy, execute and manage ongoing relationship.
- Align with colleagues in Marketing and with Label Managers and their marketing initiatives to develop positioning, pricing, incentives, racking, and other programs to drive distributor and retailer engagement and consumer sales.
- Work closely with colleagues in Marketing, Digital & Commercial Partnerships and Data Strategy, and leverage tools from physical and digital distribution partners and other sources to inform forecasts.
- Build forecasts from the bottom up based on projections by artist, release, channel and account, and partner with Physical Operations on accurate inventory and demand planning.
- Stay engaged as a thought leader in trends around physical sales and retail in music and contribute to the overall decision making with the senior team and the partners.
- 5 or more years of physical sales at music label or distributor, or music buyer from the retail side.
- Passion for catalog music across genres and eras.
- Relationships and demonstrated experience working successfully with a range of retailer and distribution partners in physical music sales.
- D2C experience.
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills.
- Strong understanding and appreciation for independent ethos.
- Naturally curious, creative problem solver who can diagnose situations and is resourceful and collaborative about solutions.
- Self-starter, leader / doer with the capacity to work independently.
- Highest integrity and work ethic.
- Excellent leader and team player with strong communication skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
To apply or recommend a qualified candidate, please send a resume to [email protected] and include “Head of Physical Sales 2021” in the subject line.