About Our Client
Our music company is a new global music venture focused on investing in and providing personalized solutions to independent labels and artists. Our goal is to establish a world-class, future-facing entity. We strive to be a record company for the future, based on flexibility, deep values and a passion for independent culture. We are building a team to join us on that journey. You will be joining a fast-growing, values-focused organization, led by a team of renowned industry experts working with a broad range of music genres.
Driven by our core mission to respect, preserve and enhance the legacies and cultural identity of our growing list of artist and label partners, we care deeply about our company culture. We are committed to providing a working environment that is inclusive and promotes collaboration and contribution.
The Head of Physical Operations oversees all manufacturing, sourcing and inventory for new and catalog releases. The position ensures the highest levels of quality and value, and optimizes inventory levels and efficient operations.
Reports directly to the Partners responsible for operations.
Flexible. Colleagues are working virtually and currently based in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, London and other locations.
Function as a hands-on, resourceful leader for all aspects of operations related to physical product.
- Manage catalog including inventory, re-orders, new re-issue planning and logistics.
- Coordinate with colleagues in Physical Sales, Marketing, Art and with Label Managers regarding demand planning, costing, pricing, specifications, release dates and other requirements.
- Manage manufacturing vendors for vinyl, CD, as well as for printing, sleeves and other packaging and components.
- Partner with the Head of Data Strategy and create systems to handle artwork, audio and other digital assets.
- Coordinate with the management of a third-party vault for original copies of assets.
- Align with colleagues in digital production to ensure consistency and to streamline collective efforts.
- Continually evaluate data and analytics to inform decisions about inventory, pricing and scheduling.
- Work collaboratively Label Managers and other colleagues in Marketing and Digital & Commercial Partnerships to align campaign activity.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a music label, distributor or CD or vinyl manufacturer, responsible for managing physical operations, manufacturing and/or inventory.
- Vendor management and negotiation experience.
- Deep relationships with the key vendors in vinyl, CD and print packaging manufacturing in the music industry.
- Experience pricing out cost of manufactured vinyl, CD and other physical music product.
- Process oriented with track record dealing with large catalogs and scaling operations.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Relentless eye for quality control and proofreading.
- Strong understanding and appreciation for independent ethos.
- Naturally curious, creative problem solver who can diagnose situations and is resourceful and collaborative about solutions.
- Self-starter, leader / doer with the capacity to work independently.
- Highest integrity and work ethic.
- Excellent leader and team player with strong communication skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
To apply or recommend a qualified candidate, please send a resume to [email protected] and include “Head of Physical Operations 2021” in the subject line.