High Profile Electronic Music Record Label seeks an intelligent, flexible, proactive, organized, communicative, and independent person who will engage in in-depth music and music artist research as well as more complex project work related to all aspects of the record-making process.
- Research, seek, sign, and develop musical artists and music projects
- Produce artists and develop music projects into hit releases
- Listen to promos and identify releases that should be played and/or remixed by label’s artists.
- Help to craft the musical direction of the label
- Develop strong artist relationships
- Managing all administrative aspects of work as an A&R
- Prepare written correspondence and communicate internally and to third parties (producers, artist managers, lawyers, etc)
- Book and coordinate studio time (production, mixing, mastering)
- Log and respond to demo submissions
- Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box/Dropbox or other appropriate systems
- Attend A&R meetings and draft A&R reports as needed
- Assemble all copy and credits for project releases
- Use online tools such as Mediabase, Soundscan, and BDS to research and analyze data on signed and unsigned artists.
- Coordinate delivery of mixes and masters as well as manage payment of invoices and studio sessions.
- File audio content and artist info (lyrics, credits, tour schedules, etc)
- Organize and attend shows and showcases of both signed and unsigned artists
- Coordinate recording sessions, writing sessions and writing camps and related travel
- Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, clients and vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of current and future trends in dance music.
- Strong understanding of recording, production and creative side of music business
- Experience or working knowledge of key industry players and familiarity with all music
- Excellent verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills (including: itunes, email, and file management)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
- Ability to Multi-task: prioritize with appropriate sense of urgency
- Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solutions
- Previous coordinator / production coordination experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Pro Tools is a plus