About Our Client
Our music company is a new global music venture focused on investing in and providing personalized solutions to independent labels and artists. Our goal is to establish a world-class, future-facing entity. We strive to be a record company for the future, based on flexibility, deep values and a passion for independent culture. We are building a team to join us on that journey. You will be joining a fast-growing, values-focused organization, led by a team of renowned industry experts working with a broad range of music genres.
Driven by our core mission to respect, preserve and enhance the legacies and cultural identity of our growing list of artist and label partners, we care deeply about our company culture. We are committed to providing a working environment that is inclusive and promotes collaboration and contribution.
Responsible for maintaining all digital operational best practices for the company, its labels and catalogs. Maintain metadata integrity across delivery, distribution, DSP, social media and other platforms and partners.
Reports to the Head of Data Strategy.
Flexible. Colleagues are working virtually and currently based in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, London and other locations.
- Work with Head of Data Strategy to manage all digital supply chain processes
- Partner with label managers and colleagues in digital, marketing and commercial partnerships to coordinate digital production aspects of releases including assembly of metadata, label copy, delivery of masters, artwork, ISRC and UPC generation
- Ensuring all metadata and assets are compliant to the required standards
- Forge and maintain productive relationships with counterparts at distributors, DSPs and social media platforms where the company does business
- Quality control and delivery of releases to all DSPs and distribution partners
- Auditing catalog representation on digital platforms
- Management of catalog ingestion and transfer internally and with external partners
- Main contact for all technical support with DSPs
- Resolve data conflicts and inquiries and manage all metadata changes
- Manage integration of digital catalog into third party tools/applications
- Minimum 3+ years digital operations at a record label or distributor
- Experience with distribution technology, i.e., XML & DDEX and CRM
- Some familiarity with DSP Style Guides and DSP tools (Apple Connect)
- YouTube CMS Certification a plus
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects at one time
- Really strong organizational skills
- Ability to create structure and process
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Strong understanding and appreciation for independent ethos
- Naturally curious, creative problem solver who can diagnose situations and is resourceful and collaborative about solutions
- Self-starter, leader / doer with the capacity to work independently
- Highest integrity and work ethic
- Excellent leader and team player with strong communication skills
A competitive salary, incentive and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
To apply or recommend a qualified candidate, please send a resume to [email protected] with “Digital Operations Manager 2021” in the subject line