A leading artist management company representing some of the top artists, producers, and songwriters in the world is seeking an experienced Business Administration Manager. This role will report to the Executive Vice President of the Company and will support the team in the areas of business/legal affairs, talent deals, financial analysis, human resource functions, and all music business administrative processes that enable the company to run efficiently.
- Deal with the full spectrum of legal and business affairs matters related to music, investments, brand partnerships, and more
- Serve as a focal point person on negotiations / closings
- Be familiar with basic legal concepts, like state and Federal legislation, contract law, administrative agencies, and arbitration
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to provide pragmatic commercial and legal advice to varied internal staff in all departments (management, brands, marketing etc)
- Draft, format, redline and edit highly confidential agreements and correspondence
- Maintain spreadsheets, charts and summaries
- Update CEO on status of deals with short summaries that are easily digestible
- Minimum 4 to 5 years work experience at a music label or similar entertainment industry
- Professional knowledge of the music business in its entirety
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and take initiative while maintaining professionalism under pressure
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Proven ability to successfully work within complex ambiguous and fast-paced environments during heavy work periods that may require late hours.
- Strong organization skills and attention to details and accuracy