A top boutique entertainment law firm on the Westside is seeking an Associate Attorney to join their rapidly growing Music department to support A-list clients and help to grow the Firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide in person exceptional client service, including availability outside of normal office hours
- Negotiate terms, conditions, etc. for various agreements
- Drive new business
- Regular and punctual in-office attendance is an essential function of this role
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to 10 years of experience as a full-time music attorney required.
- Demonstrated successful experience negotiating and drafting music industry agreements including contracts covering music production, licensing, publishing, merchandising, royalties, catalog sales, IP law, digital rights, copyrights, publicity, sponsorships, employment, vendor service agreements, artist performance agreements, festival promotion agreements, consulting/independent contractor agreements, touring services agreements, etc..
- Demonstrated ability to work under the pressures of fast-paced turnaround times.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with A-list talent, managers, and other representatives.
- Ability to travel as necessary (up to 5% of the time).
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Current California Bar licensure, in good standing, required.
- Competitive compensation package including salary, full benefits, and fully funded retirement programs.
- Vacation time, sick, time, and paid holidays.
- Medical (selection of PPO and HMO plans), dental, vision, and life insurance, with selected plans at no cost, and others at reduced cost, for employees.
- Please include a cover letter. Please apply in PDF format as one document. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No sponsorship. No relocation. No calls, please. EOE.
Pay range: $125,000/year-$250,000/year depending on experience + bonus.