This position demands a dynamic, detail-oriented individual with music industry knowledge and an impressive track record of previous A&R or Artist Management experience.
This person will be the point of contact for coordination of recording sessions in Los Angeles at the label’s flagship studios. Working closely with Ultra’s global A&R network and supporting the Los Angeles A&R team on day to day creative endeavors.
Candidates will be energetic, self-starters and independent thinkers who manage time and stress with ease. A strong understanding of the music business, recording process and song structure is important.
The candidate’s experience should reflect the duties/skills listed below:
- Develop recording schedules for creators
- Knowledgeable on global music trends,
- Knowledgeable on the current landscape of upcoming & established writers, producers and artists.
- Assist in compiling, analyzing and presenting music research.
- Assist in day to day A&R activities for specific artists and writing initiatives
- Support the artists and writers in their journey of creation.
- Active involvement in the Los Angeles communities of musicians, writers, artists and producers.
- Coordinate releases with product management and artist management.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Label or Music Publishing experience
- 1-2 years experience in related internship or role
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Google drive/ Google docs/ Google sheets
- Comfortable with statistical data analysis
- Strong understanding of song structure & music production
- Strong knowledge base of the recording process
- Experience in developing music creators
- Proven experience managing creative feedback
- Strong organizational and project-management skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to create actionable recommendations for the business and artists