We are looking for a highly skilled, detail-oriented Accounting Coordinator who excels at multitasking.
The Accounting Coordinator will act as point of contact between the different parts of the accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and external parties, such as vendors, clients, or lenders. Coordinator will handle bookkeeping, assist in preparing financial reports, taxes, and audits, and resolving discrepancies. The Finance Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and administering the financial records and helping with the overall operations of an organization’s financial processes, which include payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Working with other members of the accounting department to compile, analyze, and report financial data.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, and yearly financial reports and budgets.
- Assisting with tax preparation.
- Act as a point of contact between internal departments and accounting, serving as a liaison between accounting and external parties, including clients and head of finance and accounting.
- Using bookkeeping software and entering information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate.
- Ensuring that company bills are paid, and debts are collected.
- Implementing and enforcing financial and inventory controls.
- Staying current on company, local, state, and federal financial regulations and policies.
- Communicating with clients or employers about project, event or campaign expectations and goals.
- Gather and monitor financial data (e.g., revenues and liabilities)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements)
- Forecast costs and revenues.
- Manage tax payments.
- Organize internal audits.
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Experience in bookkeeping, management, or relevant field may be required.
- CPA certification may receive preference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and math skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting and legislation.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- High level of accountability, accuracy, and efficiency, especially when multitasking.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective time management.
- Organizing skills.
- Effective teamwork.
- Process oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including writing skills.
- Initiative, ability to manage own time.
- Collaborative, and trustworthy.