Established in 2005 by British trio Above & Beyond and James Grant, Anjunadeep has evolved into one of electronic music’s leading independent labels, with over 600 releases under its belt, an international community of fans, and a reputation for unmissable parties around the world. The label is responsible for breaking acts like Lane 8, Dusky, Yotto, Cubicolor, Eli & Fur as well as rising star Ben Böhmer – the fastest growing electronic act on Spotify in the past 12 months.
With a focus on deep melodic house, emotive electronica and downtempo sounds, Anjunadeep is also the home to an annual #1 iTunes Dance and Billboard compilation series. Releasing a variety of projects from artist albums to single and EPs, the label is described as “One of dance music’s ultimate tastemaker labels” by Billboard. As we continue to shape the electronic music landscape, we are looking to grow our A&R team with a passionate and committed individual obsessed with all things music.
You will have a deep knowledge and understanding of our sound, club culture and an interest in music business, as well as a keen grasp of what it takes to listen to music critically. You will work with the A&R Manager and wider label team to contribute towards an ever growing catalogue of recordings, presenting fresh ideas in doing so to shape the sound of our label. As part of Involved Group, which is also home to Anjunabeats and Involved Management, you will be joining one of most exciting and fasted growing companies in dance music right now. We look forward to your applications.
- Working with the A&R Manager liaising with new and existing artists
- Scouting talent by targeting new and established artists and suggesting signings
- Procuring topline vocals on singles and albums and working with the A&R Manager and publishing department in doing so
- Reviewing demo submissions
- Providing technical and critical feedback on music
- Liaising with artists / artist managers and labels facilitating collaborations through licensing and other creative processes
- Commissioning remixes to reach different worlds
- Organising writing sessions and writing camps and facilitating collaborations between label artists
- Audio editing on Ableton and Logic (DJ mixes, tweaking recordings for radio edits, soundbeds)
- Identifying and nurturing musicians from all backgrounds, increasing the diversity of our label family
- Working with Product Managers on delivering files ready for distribution
- Upkeep of our catalogue through filing master recordings, stems, instrumentals
- Liaising with global licensing partners on non-exclusive licenses for our catalogue
- Understanding of what it takes to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to critically listen to music and provide an opinion and feedback along the way
- An outgoing personality and passion for meeting new people
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and organisation
- Proactive attitude with a sharp and positive mentality
- Passionate about all things deep house, melodic techno, electronica and downtempo
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
Closing Date tbc
If you need to have a conversation with us about the application process before applying for this role please do not hesitate to email Claire Horseman at [email protected]. We will be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required or to answer any questions you may have around potential barriers you think there could be prior to applying. We recognise the importance of diversity within our team and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent.