Changing the game since 2017, we’re a new type of music company giving free music distribution and empowering tools to artists and their teams across the globe. By using music consumption data, we find, license, and build cutting-edge services for tomorrow’s platinum-selling independent talent.
We are further expanding our footprint globally and are looking for a highly ambitious, business-driven, and creatively inspired Chief Marketing Officer. You will own, define and execute the Amuse brand and marketing initiatives across all channels globally. It is essential that you are strong in both strategy and execution. In this role, you will leverage your marketing skills and experience to build and scale Amuse’s products and services across existing and new markets. As a person, you are highly emotionally intelligent and have a strong understanding of the music industry and its culture. You have a passion for all things music and tech and are a strong team player who values culture and winning together.
- Own, execute and deliver all brand and marketing campaigns driven by creative, online & offline efforts, as well as community building.
- Drive user growth with acquisition and conversion.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various internal teams such as creative, product, growth, to set goals and roll out initiatives for Amuse’s global campaigns and services.
- Create the GTM strategy, plan, and lead its execution.
- Develop & manage the marketing budget through comprehensive demand plans that allow for optimization to ensure activities are effective, efficient and deliver successful ROI metrics.
- Apply extensive market research to identify unique, compelling opportunities to put the Amuse brand and product in front of new audiences.
- As a key part of the executive management team, drive and foster the amuse culture, true partner relationships across peer groups, and office functions.
- Lead the marketing team.
Qualities and skills you possess:
- 10+ years of well-rounded marketing and senior leadership experience, working in marketing preferably with experience from SME and or niche audiences.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A strong understanding of the different marketing components including growth, brand, and CRM to see how they all work together to drive a successful business.
- A strong understanding of new markets especially the US and UK, with previous experience expanding a brand across multiple markets.
- Best-in-class brand builder and storyteller; proven success crafting brands from the ground up.
- A proven track record of dramatically increasing brand engagement and generating business growth.
- Strong digital knowledge and understanding of the evolving media landscape.
- Deep knowledge of how to use both online & offline channels and tools to build both a brand and user base.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that leverages brand insights with a comprehensive tactical marketing plan evaluated against a set of business metrics.
- Highly analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and establish effective metrics to approach marketing strategy & spend, while not losing sight of the brand.
- Excellent cross-functional leader who is entrepreneurial and excels at both high-level thinking and execution and is effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business.
- Solid understanding of the monetization models both on the Web and mobile platforms.
- Scope: Chief Marketing Officer
- Team: Marketing
- Reports to: COO
- Location: Flexible (Ideally in NYC)
- Additional information
- Remote status
- Flexible remote