Senior Manager, Business Development, at AMRA, New York
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager based in New York, to provide market insights and evaluation, supporting the development and execution of AMRA’s business strategy, that focuses on prioritizing growth and positive client retention. In this role, your main priority will be to develop business cases to evaluate opportunities within the marketplace as well as maintain a positive professional relationship with AMRA clients to ensure long-term partnerships and satisfaction.
AMRA takes a global, direct approach to digital licensing, collection, and administration, driven by an advanced rights management platform. This streamlined model allows AMRA to increase efficiencies, combating the large margin of uncertainty, delay, and error in the current fractured system. As a team, AMRA offers a dynamic and creative environment, and this role requires an individual who thrives working within a space where diversity of skill, experience and expertise is nurtured. We are looking for someone with a passion for representing some of the world’s most successful songwriters maximizing music royalty value providing the highest level of transparency and efficiency!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER AT AMRA DO?
- Contributes to strategic planning.
- Translates strategic business goals into work plans and procedures.
Research/Analysis & Reporting:
- Conduct high-level music industry research to understand trends, product offerings and technology developments in the market.
- Participate in collaborative business meetings with key stakeholders to provide updates on business development progress and challenges.
- Ability to identify customer needs/requirements
Stakeholder Management and Client Partnerships:
- Promote AMRA’s services to prospective clients, demonstrating a deep understanding of their needs and how our solutions can address them.
- Interacts with AMRA clients and responds to important inquiries about the company’s products or services, maintaining strong client relationships.
- Ensures ongoing support and knowledge development of all stakeholder groups.
- Build relationships with and present to clients, internal teams as well as key external stakeholders and C-suite management.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Have 7-10 years of business development and/or strategic advisory experience in sales or marketing within a service-driven environment managing strategy, with a deep understanding of customer needs and market dynamics.
- Have significant B2B experience managing strategic accounts (ideally within the music and/or entertainment industry).
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding communication skills with the proficiency to negotiate.
- Have exceptional project management, problem-solving and organizational skills to manage multiple projects and responsibilities efficiently.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below.
To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, specially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
AMRA is the first of its kind, a rapidly growing global digital music collection society, built on technology and trust. We maximize value for songwriters and publishers in today’s digital age while providing the highest level of transparency and efficiency. Through cutting edge technology and a direct global digital collections model, AMRA is able to optimize digital revenue collections across all platforms, with full transparency to its clients.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. AMRA is an equal-opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
The range provided is for NYC-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than NYC may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pay range: $130,000—$162,000 USD