Royalties & International Technical Analyst, at AMRA, London
We’re looking for bright, analytical, problem solvers and innovators with a can do attitude who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you are eager to learn and constantly challenging the status quo. Somebody who is strong technically with numbers, familiar with royalties processing, working autonomously balancing operational and project based work.
Having a growth mindset, thinking critically and being highly data orientated are a must, and underneath all of this, we’d love it if you’ll join us with our passion for music and for its creators.
You’ll be spending your time on a variety of different projects to help us improve what we do, and we believe this role would suit someone who has been put through their paces in a rigorous, analytical, fast paced environment and now wants to take the next step in their career by owning more of the end to end delivery.
The role sits across both the Royalty Processing and International teams. Supporting both teams, working on a blend of driving improvements into royalty processing workflows, while keeping an eye on the International market & global trends. In particular, this role will offer an opportunity to be instrumental in improving the existing royalty tracking and analysis process to drive maximum value and provide AMRA’s clients with the most transparent and accurate reporting in the music industry.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, International – this role will be an essential member of a rapidly growing, target driven international team.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTIES & INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL ANALYST AT AMRA DO?
- Building tools to track the collection of royalties from overseas collection societies.
- Develop a suite of tooling to give AMRA global leading income tracking tooling.
- Process large volumes of incoming statements and royalty data, linking royalties to songs in AMRA’s database.
- Investigate work identification issues.
- Improvements in Business analysis across core Royalty processing functions
- Identifying, establishing and implementing improvements (both technical, and operational) to our services and processes.
- Creating dashboards and reports from large amounts of data to drive internal decision making and provide insight to our leaders.
- Providing support to critical business processes when required – specifically on our technological processes.
- Providing innovative and conceptual recommendations to support operational, tech, and business leadership.
- Participating in a wide range of complex projects across other business areas e.g Technology, Product Management, Ops.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you if you feel you have the skillset to be successful in the role. We’re really just looking for someone smart, curious and passionate – below is an indication of the sort of things we will look for to demonstrate that.
- Understanding of royalty processing workflows and experience working within a royalty processing function.
- Native or advanced level English language necessary, other foreign languages also desirable.
- Clear experience in delivering business change initiatives of various scale and impact working in a fast paced, rigorous, analytical environment.
- You’ve project or programme managed through from inception to delivery (ideally within a technology led organisation).
- You have strong Excel skills (good with formulas, VBA preferred) as well as basic SQL/Tableau/Programming skills [R and Python preferable].
- You think strategically, can interpret problems, and have an ability to influence, persuade whilst showing empathy and transparency.
- It would be great if you understood or have worked within the collection society experience, such as;
- Making enquiries to overseas societies
- Knowledge of joint society systems – CIS-Net, Fast-track, WID
- Knowledge of international collective management society practices
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, specially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
AMRA is the first of its kind, a rapidly growing global digital music collection society, built on technology and trust. We maximise value for songwriters and publishers in today’s digital age while providing the highest level of transparency and efficiency. Through cutting edge technology and a direct global digital collections model, AMRA is able to optimise digital revenue collections across all platforms, with full transparency to its clients.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.