Reporting to the Head of Legal & Global Digital Licensing in London, the Legal & Membership Affairs Manager will be an essential part of a small legal team, and be involved in negotiation and drafting of inter-society and digital licensing agreements.
As a primary responsibility and working closely with the CEO of AMRA, you will also be instrumental in all legal and administrative matters connected with AMRA taking on and managing new writer members.
AMRA is the first of its kind — a global digital music collection society, built on technology and trust. AMRA is designed to maximize value for songwriters and publishers in today’s digital age, while providing the highest level of transparency and efficiency.
Through cutting edge technology and a direct global digital collections model, AMRA is able to optimize digital revenue collections across all platforms, with full transparency to its clients.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A LEGAL & MEMBERSHIP AFFAIRS MANAGER AT AMRA DO?
- Supporting the writer member acquisition work of the CEO of AMRA (based in New York)
- Compiling and sending offer letters and term sheets
- Liaising with potential AMRA writer members (and their professional advisers) to give them information on AMRA, its services and answering any questions they may have associated with changing collection society and/or signing up with AMRA
- Negotiating and drafting membership agreements (and any other associated legal documents, such as data waivers and NDAs) with potential AMRA writer members
- Carrying out all necessary administration relating to the successful on-boarding of new AMRA writer members, and managing payments
- Liaising with appropriate internal members of the AMRA team to ensure that new AMRA writer members are correctly claimed on the IPI database and that their songs are fully and accurately registered
- Keeping up to date lists of writer members and their deal terms, and providing updates on “in progress” writer negotiations to the management team
- Providing ongoing query management/being the first point of contact for all active AMRA writer members (including legacy members)
- Communicating regularly with writer members to ensure their needs are being met and to identify any issues
- Organising and minuting the Annual General Membership Meeting/Board Meetings and managing the vote for Writer/Publisher members to have seats on the AMRA Board
- Negotiating/drafting inter-society agreements and managing other inter-society correspondence (including notifications of AMRA’s digital licences and AMRA repertoire changes) as required
- Assisting the Head of Legal with digital licensing – this will include working with the Legal & Global Digital Licensing Manager to manage AMRA’s licences with the applicable DSPs, drafting of deal summaries and maintaining the team’s global DSP rate card
- Assisting with other day-to-day legal matters that arise within the organisation both internally and externally
- Otherwise assisting the Head of Legal and Global Digital Licensing, Legal & Global Digital Licensing Manager, COO and CEO as required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experienced paralegals or LPC graduates as well as newly qualified lawyers
- Should be confident and have a friendly, outgoing personality so that they can interact positively with AMRA’s writer members but they should also be highly organised and detail orientated in order to accurately carry out the legal work involved
- Some experience dealing with music industry legal agreements, preferably in a songwriter, music publishing or collection society setting would be ideal
- A passion for music (and the digital music market) is essential
Based near Cannon Street / Monument / Bank, London EC4R 3TE
Working hours are 9.30am-6pm
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org