Finance Operations Manager
AMRA are seeking a Finance Operations Manager to join our Digital team, based in our London office. The person will be an integral member of the Digital Team, working closely with the Digital Operations Senior Manager and AMRA Finance lead to coordinate and manage the financial & operational discipline within the Digital function.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, strategic, and highly organized individual to help us take this work forward. You have some experience supporting finance and operations functions within a fast moving environment. The ideal candidate should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, dedication to being and keeping others organized, and an ability to think creatively and proactively within a highly collaborative team environment.
The team is at an exciting juncture of rapid growth and the team has been working over the past years to improve strategic data driven decision making, program management and quality control, within a collaborative team-building and entrepreneurial environment.
AMRA is the first of its kind, a rapidly growing global digital music collection society, built on technology and trust. We maximize value for songwriters and publishers in today’s digital age, while providing the highest level of transparency and efficiency. Through cutting edge technology and a direct global digital collections model, AMRA is able to optimize digital revenue collections across all platforms, with full transparency to its clients.
WHAT DOES AN FINANCE OPERATIONS MANAGER DO AT AMRA?
- You are responsible for the day to day processing of payment reconciliations, creating and sending invoices to our finance team and digital service providers.
- You create all batches for all the digital royalty files we receive, checking they match the invoice totals and reconcile with the payment ensuring it’s ready for distribution to our members.
- You manage accounts payable and receivable working closely with the AMRA finance team including owning the monthly AMRA finance reporting improving and developing data reporting to surface information to broader business and senior management.
- You also own the relationship with the Accounting team being the point person for any queries in the business answering all forecasting and cash questions from central finance.
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a track-record of working with numbers based projects, in database or financial management or large scale transformational programs, demonstrating a strong analytical skills as well as the ability to articulate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- You can demonstrate a solid project management approach with a keen eye for business development opportunities.
- You are proficient using Excel manipulating large data sets using formulas, charts, graphs and pivot tables.
- Track record of excellent organization and prioritization skills as well as strong attention to detail, accuracy, and a detail-driven mind-set and as well as highly numerate.
- You have excellent communication skills: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally, including communication of technical information in a concise manner to a variety of internal stakeholders; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to the audience.
- You are tech savvy as well as a fast & pro-active learner with ability to pick up new software quickly.
- This is an opportunity where you need to enjoy a wide range of responsibilities from the basic day to day tasks to working closely with management and other teams across the business on process improvements and data enhancement projects. You may have a background in a larger corporate environment, or come from a startup or perhaps you are already working in the music industry. The most important thing is that you are a natural team player, numerically competent and gravitate towards data and financial management projects with an inquisitive mindset passionate about working in music!
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. AMRA is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.