Reporting to the Head of Legal, International in London, the Legal and Digital Licensing Manager will be an essential part of a small legal team and involved in the negotiation and drafting of digital licensing agreements, inter-society agreements as well as a variety of other legal drafting & analysis work.
AMRA is the first of its kind — a global digital music collection society, built on technology and trust. AMRA is designed to maximize value for songwriters and publishers in today’s digital age, while providing the highest level of transparency and efficiency.
Through cutting edge technology and a direct global digital collections model, AMRA is able to optimize digital revenue collections across all platforms, with full transparency to its clients.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A LEGAL AND DIGITAL LICENSING MANAGER AT AMRA DO?
- Draft, negotiate and manage AMRA’s licences with second tier digital services.
- Support the Head of Legal, International in negotiations with first tier digital services, including drafting NDAs and other documentation, and carrying out administrative tasks.
- Draft deal summaries of digital licences and maintain the team’s global digital service rate card.
- Liaise with members of the operations team in order to ensure digital licence terms are accurately communicated.
- Liaise with AMRA’s licensor clients to gain approval for digital licence terms.
- Negotiate/draft inter-society agreements and manage other inter-society correspondence (including notifications of AMRA’s digital licences and AMRA repertoire changes) as required.
- Carry out company secretarial tasks such as minuting board meetings and preparing documentation for AGMs.
- Manage dispute resolution and/or contentious matters from time to time as required.
- Assist with any other day-to-day legal matters that arise within the organisation both internally and externally.
- Otherwise assist the Head of Legal, International, COO and CEO as required.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Ideally a qualified lawyer with 2–4 years’ post qualification.
- Confident, friendly & outgoing personality.
- Highly organised and detail orientated in order to accurately carry out the legal work involved.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Experience dealing with music industry legal agreements, preferably in a music publishing, digital service provider, record label or collection society setting.
- An interest & passion for music (and the digital music market) is essential.
Based near Waterloo, London SE1 8QH
Working hours are 9.30am-6pm