Title: Manager, Copyright
Starting immediately, we are looking for a Copyright Manager for a fixed-term contract up to 9 months.
As the Copyright Manager, you handle the full spectrum of copyright-related and catalogue management tasks for AMRA’s clients ensuring works, agreements and new releases are correctly registered as well as duplicate claims and other errors are resolved in a timely manner. To help you with a variety of important data cleansing tasks, you also need to be familiar with SQL for catalogue maintenance projects as well as YouTube CMS & BackOffice to ensure correct registration of works.
To be successful in the role, you need to have a track record of working in music publishing and in particular, copyright and digital rights management. You’ll be joining a collaborative and dedicated team working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment where a high level attention to detail is essential. We are also looking for organisational and prioritisation skills, as well as an inquisitive and curious mindset and in return you get to work with a team and organisation where your ideas and suggestions on how to maximise value for our clients are always welcome.
AMRA is the first of its kind, a rapidly growing global digital music collection society, built on technology and trust. We maximise value for songwriters and publishers in today’s digital age, while providing the highest level of transparency and efficiency. Through cutting edge technology and a direct global digital collections model, AMRA is able to optimise digital revenue collections across all platforms, with full transparency to its clients.
WHAT DOES A COPYRIGHT MANAGER DO AT AMRA?
- You are responsible for AMRA writer client work deliveries, handling CWR ingestions as well as adhoc manual registrations of copyrights.
- You are the main point person for Kobalt work and agreement registration queries as well as handling communication from other publishers, writers and their managers ensuring works and claims are correctly represented in the AMRA database.
- You will work closely with Digital and Royalties as well as the Catalogue Management team to resolve claim errors and ensure works are correctly registered on YouTube CMS and BackOffice.
- You instigate and perform regular catalogue maintenance projects and repertoire enhancements, running SQL queries and Jira for raising any technical issues with our Tech department.
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have relevant copyright experience at a music publisher or rights management organisation as well as database management with a track record of manipulating and analysing large volumes of data using Excel (formulas, charts and graphs, pivot tables)
- You have working experience using SQL as well as YouTube CMS & BackOffice.
You are an excellent organiser with strong prioritisation skills having worked in an environment where attention to detail, accuracy, and having a detail-driven mind-set is key.
- You are also an excellent communicator: the duties require a very high level of communication internally and externally, including communication of technical information to a variety of internal stakeholders; we are looking for someone who can adapt communication to the audience.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.